Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

No Panic Attacks

18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to everyone for your support. I have been doing better the past few days. I am trying to think positively and I am finding my therapy is helping more. I am also challenging my negative thoughts. The CBT program is a great help. I am going on a long bus ride tomorrow to do some more Xmas shopping. On Friday I am heading into another city for lunch with a girlfriend. I plan a trip/event each day and I am finding it easier. Thanks once again, Sharon
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Sharon. These lows and highs are just so hard to deal with aren't they? Now that I've gotten past the drive down here, I'm on a sort of a high...new start, etc. What brings the next low is a big "who knows?" You have been doing so well lately! Try to focus on how much headway you've made and allow that same drive to be what takes you into this next transition for returning to work. Like I said to Gabbi, change straight up sucks! Its scary! I don't think anyone on this site likes it and especially me, but imagine how good you'll feel once its a done deal and you're back at work. You have another month or so to prepare yourself for your return. Try to think of it as a good thing, OK? I just know you'll be feeling better about everything soon! Keep your chin up, OK? Liz
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon im sorry you arnt feeling so good at the moment but you will get that positiveness back just wait and see you will be ok i get like that at times too i feel like ive been going well then bam i feel terribly down but it dosnt last too long thank god a couple of days max.You have been doing alot lately maybe you need to slow down a bit you are not a loser or a failure you are quite the opposite you have helped me so much when i have felt down you are such a caring and supportive person it is a moment that will pass and you will feel stronger in in the end bring those positive thoughts into action and know you are not alone.Gabbi.
Good luck and I hope you find some peace soon. Netball was fine, but things have gotten worse for me after that. I have gone from a 7 out of 10 to 2 out of 10 in a matter of hours. I don't know if this is normal but I am feeling quite depressed. I don't know what to do. I went to a friends house for dinner. There was only two girlfriends of mine there. I tried not to get involved in any conversation as they were quite serious. I kept thinking about my own life and how is sucks. I just can't stop crying and feeling like a loser and a failure. I really don't know what to do. Sharon
Sharon things sound like they are going really good for you im so happy for you.How did you go at netball today? Thankyou for your support and kind words as i deal with this difficult time it really helps to not feel so alone.I dont really know what i am afraid of because as my psychologist says im living like a single parent now which is true but i think the reasurrance of having him here if anything happens to me helps.I just need to find some strength to do what i gotta do.It is me that has to leave because he refuses to i have asked him to leave several times now but he just wont go so its up to me keep me going with your inspiring stories of your accomplishments.Gabbi. Liz thankyou for sharing your story with me and for your encouraging words which i know are so true.We had split up a few years ago when i only had my boys but family pressure to take him back because they all love him naturally they only see the charming side of him although he has slipped up a couple of times in front of them i was stupid enough to take him back and things were good for a while but now they are worse then ever and since i now have the girls as well its just that bit harder to leave.I have had a look at a couple of houses to move to but since i have panic attacks when i drive i need it nice and close to my boys school.I think if one became available close to the school i would seize the opportunity so for now i suppose its a waiting game thanks again for your support i appreciate it.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabbi, I was once a very abused and neglected wife, too. Due to my own negligence, I have not healed from his abuse still. This is one of my hurdles....letting all of that old anger and hurt go. Having been a single mom for the past 5 years has not been easy, by any means. My ex-husband has not paid what little monthly child support he owed in over 3 years. He doesn't even send my son birthday or Christmas cards because he is so hateful of me and my decision for the divorce...But I'll tell you what I had at one time told myself when I finally decided that enough was enough... NO FATHER IS BETTER THAN AN ABUSIVE FATHER. It is more of a blessing that my ex is gone, for me and my son, than I've ever really taken into consideration. You are not a bad person, you are not a criminal, you do not deserve to be living in your own home as a prisoner. You deserve to be self-sufficient and able to care for your children and not be robbed from. You deserve to be treated better. Your kids deserve to be treated better. Look into any and all resources, family, friends, work options that you can muster. Quit allowing this man to continue to keep you in a black hole and start looking into what you can do to get out. I think once you decide to take action, you'll feel a weight has been lifted. Its scary, I know because I've been there. Change is hard. I don't like it either and I'm having to deal with more than I'd like to right now...but the strength to make those changes is there. I'm doing what has to be done and you can too! Many hugs and warmness to you! Liz
Gabbi, I am sorry to hear that you aren't doing well. You are a strong person and you don't deserve what your husband is doing to you. I really do think it is time to leave. He just keeps bringing you and the kids down. Search deep down inside and you will know what to do. I know you are a smart, intelligent, beautiful, and strong women who has hit a rough spot. This to will pass over time. I know you will get better soon and become that strong and independant person you were before. Things here are going fine. I am going outside every day. I have now taken public transport twice and I will be playing netball again tomorrow. I am able to go to my kids soccer games and ice hockey games. Keep your chin up and think positive thoughts. Sharon
Hi Sharon i feel like ive had a bit of a setback things have gone downhill with my husband he cleaned out my bank account has been verbally abusing me and the kids again and i just feel so damn alone.I feel like i deserve what he is doing if i wasnt so demanding and was more sympathetic to him maybe we wouldnt be where we are now.I used to be such a strong independent person now i feel like the biggest doormat for everybody. Sorry for being such a downer just feel miserable today.I played netball on wednesday night i played GA for 2 quarters but i had to go back to GS because of the amount of running and stuff i was doing i started to freak a bit but i got through it ok i am so glad to be back into it i think its the only thing thats going to keep me from losing it completly. Im glad things are going well for you hopefully i will get back there soon enough.I think going back to work will do wonders for you.Gabbi.
Gabbi, All my appointments went fine. I fell really good today. My psychiatrist and I created a plan for my return to work. I am actually looking forward to going into work starting in January, ever so slowly. I fell better each and every day. I think the netball played a large role in that. I am so looking forward to playing again this Saturday. How was your netball? Take care Sharon
Sharon im so proud of you thats fantastic that you were able to do that i know just how hard it would have been for you but you did it :) stress is hard to deal with at the best of times so just take it slow and dont put too much on your plate all at once.You do have a busy day tomorrow that will be good for you to see all the docs in one go and be able to tell them of your progress they will be so pleased for you im sure. i know when i told my psychologist i played netball last week he was stoked.It such a big step so we should be proud of ourselves and hope that every day gets better than the last.Gabbi.

Reading this thread: