Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

No Panic Attacks

18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon, Thursday must of been a day for it my husband and i had a huge fight one of the biggest i think we have ever had i told him i wanted him to leave by the weekend after he called me a f---ing piece of s--t in front of the kids.Low and behold he apologised yet again and me being the idiot that i am let him stay i dont understand what it is i am so afraid of to be alone(something that im working on with my psychologist will hopefully help)I need so bad to grow a backbone.If anyone has any advice on how to do that i would love to hear it.How did you go visiting your friend?I hope you went well it sounds like you are getting there which is great i am having more good days then not which helps and i just have to learn how not to let what my husband does affect me as much and i think life can be good again.Do you have the CBT buddies?I have downloaded it if you can get it we will have to have a go at it.Talk to you soon.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabbi, I had a bump in the road on Thursday but it was still an okay day. Friday I went shopping with my family for the first time in over 6 months. I was out for just over an hour. I didn't feel any anxiety but I was sure glad to get home. This morning I feel okay, alittle but twitchy and not being able to handle the noise. I am going to visit a friend today which I am hoping will help. I look forward to hearing about your wonderful drive to your therapist. Sharon
Way to go!Im glad things are getting better for you.I am having a good day today so i hope it continues.I am having trouble sleeping though i am tired all day then when i go to bed i just lie there unable to drift off then when i do i toss and turn all night its driving me crazy maybe i need some sleeping pills or something.I have done a bit of driving yesterday it felt so good to be behind the wheel i really enjoyed it i put my fave James Blunt cd on and turned it up and just enjoyed the moment.I think i am getting my confidence back because im getting gamer in the things that im trying.Im going to attempt to drive to my psychologist on monday so i'll let you know how i go.You have inspired me.Thankyou.Gabbi.
I made it to therapy and back home just fine. I am finally feeling like I did 6 months ago, before I went to my doctor. My therapist thinks I have made great strides and I only need to go once a week, which is fine with me as I have stablized and doing this program helps me through the other days when I don't see the therapist. Plus it allows me to save more money to fly back to Australia in June. I look forward to hearing about your driving experience. Sharon
Way to go Sharon thats fantastic.Im going to try and go for a drive by myself everyday even if its just around the block its a start.I had a rough day yesterday but today has been ok.Im trying not to focus on the bad times its hard when you always assume the worst.Goodluck on the drive to your therapist on Wednesday.You can do it!Gabbi.
Gabbi, It seems like we are both having positive things happen. I went ofr another drive by myself today and got some videos. On Wednesday, I am attemtping to drive myself to therapy. I try and only focus on the positive things and not think of things as failure. This program has really helped me, along with my therapist and the medication. Take care and I look forward to hearing about your positive events. Sharon
Sharon, I know what you mean about wanting daily therapy i wish i could see my psychologist every day he makes me feel much calmer and more in control whenever i see him (weekly).Your sounding more optomistic now which is great :)i have been doing ok i have had my sister and her family up for the weekend and i actually went shopping with her the first time i have been shopping without my hubby(hes my security blanket)in 5 months.It felt great.Hubby hasnt been too bad so hopefully it will only get better.I hope you are feeling better.Talk to you soon.Gabbi.
Gabbi, How have you been feeling? How is your husband and kids? Things here seem to be slowly getting better. I now go outside every day. I am starting to get bored at home and am looking forward to going outside. I really enjoy the therapy sessions. I wish I could have daily therapy. Take care Sharon
Im glad you are starting to feel better its such a long road and it has to be done with baby steps but you can do it.Take care.Gabbi.
Thanks Gabbi. I had another therapy session today and was hoping that I would only have to go once a week, but she thought twice a week was still a good thing. I agree with her as I feel so safe and not judged when I am with my therapist. I now go outside everyday, with medicaiton for about 2-3 minutes. I see a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the panic attacks. I haven't had one for a while and I contribute that to therapy and the Seroquel that I take. Talk to you soon. Sharon

Reading this thread: