Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Weekend Prep

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Sorry I wasn't here to help either, I was also sleeping.  Wish we could have been there in the class with you to give you some support.  It can be so hard when you feel invisible.  Sunny is right it does sound like a informal class. I would try not to take it personally though they may have been absorbed in the conversation and just not thought how it would have made you feel.  Yes, it is inconsiderate and your teacher really should have given you the attention you required. 

Let us know what you decide to do.  Don't let this one experience change your opinion on classes though.  You have really enjoyed the classes in the past.  

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,

Thanks for the response.  Thanks for caring.

Red
Good Morning Davit,

I guess we both have a lot of thinking to do.  How are you feeling this morning yourself?

I myself am feeling very depressed and tired. Really very empty. I have sent the owner a email,  I have to wait and see what kind of response I get or if I get a response at all.  I don't think I will be going back.   I really don't know what else to say.   I don't have any answers or anything right now.  I guess its time to make some coffee or go back to bed.  Thanks for caring Davit.

Red

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Red.

Well I have had the night to think on what this person was saying to me and still have no answers. It will take some more thought.

How are you now, I do care. I mean emotionally, I don't expect you to have made any decisions, this needs some time and thought. 

Just know I am here for you.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Davit:  It's nice that you responded to Red.  I'm was asleep at that hour so didn't see the post until later this a.m. 

Sunny
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Red:  Awwww phooey!  Sorry to hear you had a rotten time of it. It was going to be a great class, and now this!  I can empathize with your feeling shut out by the instructor.  She may have the knowledge  re: quilting, but last night she didn't manage her class well.  It must be a very informal kind of class. 
I hope you start feeling better today.  When you are so emotional right now, might be the time to take it easy and not make a decision about going back or not.  Your feelings are still getting in the way of making a good decision.  Can you wait it out until next wk.?  Go ahead and get mad - punch out some pillows - go whack at some grass - clean the whole house and mutter to yourself.  These are great to get it out of the system. 
On another note - hey, nice that your partner is supporting you.  Way to go.
You're going to get through this Red.  It'll be o.k.  Take some deep breaths and hang onto to our hands.  You are not alone.  We care.

Your friend,  Sunny 
Davit,

You do not have to apologize for not being here 24/7.   No one person is here 24 hrs. No one can be here 24 hrs a day. You are not getting payed to be here 24/7 and if you were it would kill you to be here all the time.  I am not upset that you were not here.  I just wish you were not getting ragged on while you were gone.

Your friend,
Red
I will try to check in tomorrow and let you know how I am.  When I am not screaming inside.  I am not promising anything thou.  It is going to take me a long while if ever, to get over this exposure thats for sure.
Your friend,
Red

Davit,

Sounds like you are not having a good night your self.  Sorry to hear you were getting lectured on all your faults. Tell them to shove it.  Thats what I say.  They can all shove it.  I don't need them.  I don't need the world out there.  I am much happier without the the people out there in my life.  As for the class I do not know what I am going to do.  I don't want to be a big baby and have to take my partner with me. i will have to think about it.  Maybe I will go in and demand that they give me the rest of the instructions for my project.  I will have to think on it.  Maybe after a week goes by I will not be so upset.  Knowing me I doubt it.  I am just so tired of the pain.  I am tired of being treated like I am invisible.  Like I am nothing by the people out there. 

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I am so sorry I was not here for you, I was being lectured on all my faults and did not know. I check often. You are not alone, I am just late. I am sorry your class did not go well. Can you continue it if your partner goes with you. I would go with you if I was there but I'm not. Be assertive, do not give in to them. The decision is yours of course and I will stand with you. Is there any other way to get the information you need to finish the project? I do not like to see you in this pain.

Here for you,
Your friend
Davit

Reading this thread: