Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Taking Charge of My Life

11 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari:  How wonderful.  Sounds like a loving day for all of you.  Enjoy! and thanks for sharing, you made me smile today.

This morning, with our coffees in hand, we looked out the double doors in the kitchen and saw snow falling so softly, not in a whirlwind, blowing and swirling around, but straight down so delicately.  It was a magical moment, sort of like in the Christmas movies Davit said.  

Hi Hugs:  Went looking for that movie Driving Miss Daisy, yesterday at the library.  Unfortunately, they don't have it.  :(   I thought I'd pick up "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Scrooge", but of course, they are taken out!  Just felt like seeing them again.

Sunny
11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,

What beautiful success!

I am so glad you are having a great time with your family!

Snuggle with your doctor
Watch episodes together
Look at old times

Keep her close!

So happy for you Shari!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since my daughter is here for the weekend (still sleeping upstairs :), we celebrated Christmas yesterday.  My daughter gave me an inspirational wall hanging that says, "Today is the day LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH ABANDON.  BE COURAGEOUS AND WILD AT HEART.  FALL IN LOVE.  Take chances and be spontaneous.  MAKE FRIENDS WHEREVER YOU GO.  FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, NO MATTER HOW BIG THEY ARE.  INSPIRE SOMEONE.  CREATE HAPPINESS.  BE YOUR OWN HERO.  Smile at strangers, we're on this journey together.  This is you life...make it beautiful."  Well, that says it all   My husband did a GREAT job of Christmas gifts for me this year!  I've been talking about wanting a Goldendoodle dog and he found a cute Golden Retriever stuffed animal plushie that looks like a Goldendoodle puppy.  Also, he found a ceramic black and tan Chihuahua that looks just like my little Chiquita - it's so cute!  My daughter got me the most humorous card I've ever received.  I couldn't figure out who was wrapped up in a bow on the front of the card, but on the inside (song included) it turns out it was Justin Bieber and he said, "I am what you wished for, right?"  Too funny.  I also received various DVD's including Modern Family which is a U.S. sitcom which is hilarious.  So, I spent the entire day laughing hysterically.  One funny to share, from the DVD, Claire was handed a box of "old clothes" to donate to the family down the street and the first shirt she pulled out of the box was the exact shirt she was wearing.  It was too much!  I'm looking forward to another day of hilarity.  I have the whole season 3 of that show on DVD, so there's many more to watch.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and is finding the humor in life and is taking the time to "smell the roses", figuratively of course, (I know it's winter)   

Blessings, Shari
Hugs,

I saw part of the movie, a long time ago 

Shari
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shari,
Off-topic, but it's a touching movie - have you seen "Driving Miss Daisy", since the actress was a handfull
I've been doing a lot of exposure work with letting other people drive and to also let them drive me in their cars instead of my van.  I've done it enough now that it doesn't bother me anymore and I feel back to normal.

Shari
Happy Morning,

Last night I emailed a famous Author in England, who's knitting books I love.  She had the funniest Auto reply email, stating she was busy knitting sweaters for reindeer and she would, personally, email back, but it may take awhile.  This morning I received an email from her thanking me for my email.  She said she worked really hard on her last book and fingers crossed there would be more.  She liked the picture of the knitted birds I made from her London book.  I made a reference to her bird pattern for Cooey and wondered if she identified with the Empty Nest Syndrome and the Author said, Cooey does and recommends that you knit more Cooey's to fill the nest.  It was cute.  Just made my day and I thought I'd pass it along.  

Have a great day everyone!

Shari
Thank you Sunny!

I think it's great, too, that he is trying :)  I'll add a Yahoo to your Yippee about Irene showing up :)  The community concert sounds lovely.  It sounds like a great way to get into the spirit :)  My daughter is coming for the weekend and we'll celebrate Christmas then.  It's easier for her to do that than try to travel back and forth to Virginia on the actual day.  I feel blessed and content :)

Merry Christmas Sunny and Davit!

Shari
11 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shari:  Happy belated Anniversary.  Sounds like G. wants to improve and as you wrote you've noticed changes.  That's really terrific isn't it?   Sounds like the ball is rolling now, things are looking up. 
As for Irene showing up, yippee!  Too bad about the gas spilling all over her.  Kind of hard to enjoy your coffee over that odour.  so glad that she will be coming in Jan. and as your daughter mentioned, it may open up more doors for social activities.  
There's a community concert in town tonight.  I hope to go to it.  It just may help get me some spirit.  

Sunny
Well, I celebrated with a piece of chocolate that George gave me for our anniversary yesterday.  I figured a piece of chocolate every now and then won't hurt.  I've maintained my weight loss and haven't gained, but haven't lost anymore, but I'm happy with it for now.  If I want to lose the rest, I'll be able to do it.  Right now I feel healthy at the weight that I am.  I tried not to have expectation regarding an anniversary gift.  I spent a lot of my allowance on a series of books he likes and I received a box of chocolates.  I just wanted to be surprised instead of making a list of things I like, and having him pick one, which we've done in the past.  I think I'll go back to the list :)  I've seen more little kindnesses and improvements, so I expected a bigger change, but realized a leopard doesn't change his spots.  I'm going back to realistic gift giving and receiving.  I've accepted it which is also another small success.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful.  I looked at the positive and was gracious and thanked him.  I told him when I was a child, I wanted candy for dinner, so the dream finally came true.  I wasn't hungry for dinner for some reason, so I had one piece of chocolate.  Well, candy was better than getting a can opener or other kitchen appliance - ha ha.  Still have humor :) 

Shari

Reading this thread: