Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Sharp Stabbing Pain

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

Its so nice too hear from you! I missed you and Sunny SO much! That is very very sad news about you're neighbor, I will pray for her. I use too worry about my husband dying and leaving me now I have this thought that I will go first, neither thought is comforting or positive through I know, I try not too think about illness and death but that sometimes is hard for me.

We lost our neighbor three months ago, he was only 54 he died of liver cancer, it was so sad, he was a good friend of my husbands he enjoyed talking too him. He left behind a wife who is 48 and two kids ages 10 and 14, that is so rough, she does the best she can, she has a lot of family and friends and church support, which is good, but nothing really replaces a spouse, I have to admit I was scared for my husband after he died, my husband is only a few years younger, I understand Davit, I do.

I should not complain about the cold living in Florida, but when its hits the thirties with the wind chill factor, its cold!! I run the electric heat but my husband complains it gives him a stuffy slightly bloody nose, Sunny mentioned it makes her headachy and lethagic and thats what it does too me, very tired and headachy but I guess its a neccesary evil, cold wants to make me sleep.

Do you believe I am an Ohio girl?? I grew up in northeastern ohio and visted upstate New York, I live there 20 years! My blood must have turned warm or something, I would shovel snow in blizzards, what a wimp I have become. My knees were hurting last night from the cold even Davit, but it did not scare me, I dont know why everything else does, I guess I realize its NOT fatal or will kill me, sore knees that is, but I see what the cold does to people, my husband is in pain, I hope you are not in too much pain from it, that stove sounds SO warm and cozy, that must help, keep the electric and gas bill down, Again I am so sorry about you're friend, I pray she can recover. Spring is coming and I hope all of us are well and happy then.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Could we have some of your Florida cold. It will be -31 tonight and tomorrow with a wind chill factor of -42 tomorrow night. We may have to keep the fire lit all day tomorrow except that we have to go to town. I guess I'll have to wear socks and put on a jacket. I usually get by with just a vest. I must be cold but don't feel it much. Cold doesn't bother my Arthritis as much as the hot.
A friend's husband died of Cancer two days ago. The winter is going to be hard for her as she works and there is no one to keep the fire going. I hope her neighbours will help as I'm too far away. Maybe she will take time off during this cold period and hopefully it won't last too long. Two other people died of Cancer leaving their spouses single and too young for a pension. Some times life sucks but there always seems to be some one worse off and in this area anyway, someone to help. Life goes on, just live it as best as you can. Worry doesn't help.

Davit.
Hi Carmie,

Thats great you had a good run and you are over you're virus, very good news! I hope when you come to FL the weather is nice, the one good things about our "cold-fronts" they are usually brief, only lasting a few days, it usually warms up quickly.

I would LOVE to be able to go too Orlando again with my family, since this disorder started I have become "semi-agorophobic" again I can leave the house, usually after the sun goes down and drive close by in town, I would hate too ruin a vacation with my "issues" hoping and praying to God that one day I can go again and enjoy life, also I would plan the vacation around my monthly period, and now in perimenopause there is no telling when it starts?! Hopefully one day Carmie I can.

My ankle has been hurting today and I am trying not to obess about it, my knees hurt last night but that does not scare or concern me for some reason, I know it the chilly weather, I am going to try and take the dog out now before it gets too cold after the sun sets its too cold to walk, I notice when I walk in cold weather my chest will hurt a little and I got some heart palps! I cannot believe I lived over twenty years in Ohio where is was SO cold. I am trying to be positive Carmie, and I so understand what you mean about it being a "chore" how I identify! Please write and let me know how you are doing.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!  
I know sometimes it's a chore to try to be positive but after a while it becomes habit-forming and life is much more enjoyable as a result.
I did make it to the gym yesterday and had a panic-free run!  It was terrific!!  I hope to get there today.  It is pretty chilly today - 14 degrees outside.  Nice and warm here by the computer, though!
We are hoping to be in Florida for President's Day week, school vacation.  My inlaws rent a place for the month of February and we would have a place to stay if we go.  If it's not going to be above 70 degrees, though - we may just stay home.  It's a lot of driving.  I saw a commercial yesterday that pointed out that the number of "family" vacations is limited and that resonated with me.  Even though we aren't having the best year financially, it's a priority to me to have some type of vacation.  The memories mean so much.  
I hope you are having a good day today!  My appetite has still not returned but I figured it's soon still.  I might be able to enjoy a little bit more weight loss from this illness!
Take care - hope you have a good Sunday!
Hi Carmie,

I am so glad you are much better! Sometimes I think its our nerves that we go to the bathroom so much we think its a UTI, I always go a lot, I wake up 4-5 times in a seven hour sleep period to go!? and believe it or not that is normal for me, I drink a lot of water through, a big glass of OJ in the morn and one cup of coffee and skim milk, maybe I am getting too much liquid?

Thank you so much for saying I sound more positive, that helps, I still have my moments through today I had bad pain in my left arm and I have to really really fight not too have those scary thoughts like "heart attack or "blocked atery" etc...in my mind. First it was the ovarian pain, then leg pain now arm pain, sometimes I think its my "symptom of the day" I need to stop that through. Thanks for saying I express myself well {maybe too well} I hope I do not come off as overly dramatic, that was my worry, its not that its just plain fear I think, I am so trying to think positive Carmie. You will be back at the gym in no time I am sure, you had an infection and you're body probably needs a few more days too rest, antibotics are wonder drugs!

I live in Florida. You mentioned you were coming here. Right now its very cold but its short lived and it warms up quickly! I do not travel much due to my agorophobia, we went to Orlando three years ago, very fun but a little expensive, but kids love it! I know what you mean about freeways I feel the same way, when are you leaving? You will have a wonderful time, please let me know how you are.

I
Hi Debora,
Your posts have been getting more and more positive every day.  I am very sorry that you are in pain.  I am impressed by your changing attitude towards your symptoms. 
You have a great way of expressing yourself and your feelings.  I can often identify with what you post.  They are the kinds of thoughts I have when I start to fill out my 10 questions.  I am nearly back to my old self health wise but last night I was convinced (like you) that I might have a UTI or some kind of infection.  I feel better today though.  I think...I might go to the gym.  I miss running so much!
You might remember that the airline canceled our flight to Puerto Rico where we were going on vacation.  We decided today to drive to Florida.  It will take a long time (We live in Maine) but we really need to break up the winter.  I get pretty uneasy (putting it mildly) on the Northeast portion of I-95 so it will be an excellent test of my CBT!
I hope you are continuing to rest and take care of yourself.  This is going to be a great year for you, I just know it.  You have the power within you to make it so, I know you do!  I am going to do the same for myself!

Hi Carmie and everyone,

I am going too try to have a restful weekend. Those pains came back today earlier today, the same sharp stabbing pain in my ovary area, and I noticed I am urinating more!? I thought it was gone and I hope it stops it was so nice to have it go away, I drank a lot of water and watched my diet so I do not understand why the symptoms are back. I am trying not too stress.

The problem is I start to ruminate about ovarian cancer or bladder cancer or an infection going to my kidneys! I know those are horrible scary thoughts and I try too push them out of my head and brain, I hope it goes away again because it scares me.

I am going too try to not think about it this weekend, there is nothing I can really do anyway on a weekend, I know nerves can cause frequent urination and hopefully the pain is related to my cycle, I am in perimenopause and I know things change drastically, I have this "cancer phobia" does anyone else have that?? or heart attack or stroke phobia? Its a scary phobia, hoping it was just a random pain, I will drink more water, I did drink a lot of orange juice today which I know is acidity. Just trying too stay calm.
Debora,
Yes, I wanted to be sure to share about the nurse because it just goes to show that acting with kindness and compassion can have a great impact on all around you.  I'm glad that I read your response this morning because it inspires me to remember to try to act similarly today.
I hope you have a wonderful dinner and a restful weekend!
Thank you Carmie and Sunny for the anniversary happy wishes. I thought we would just celebrate it tommorow, it will be a better day for my husband, he is so exhausted worn out from work tommorow he will feel better because he will not have too get up a 5:00am in the morning, and he had to go pick up my son tonight from practice so the night just slipped by too quick.

I went too the grocery through and bought a few steaks and pototoes and a small cake for tommorow night, so it will be like tommorow will be our anniversary, we did not even get each other a card even there was no time! He will be more relaxed friday evening so steaks on the grill and a cake will be good, going out is so expensive and as you know stressful for me, plus where we live is "winter season" right now and the restaurants are packed, over an hour wait. So this will be peaceful for all. My husband is so tired he can hardly keep his eyes open he works eleven hour days, hope he can rest this weekend, he is not feeling good either so I hope its a good weekend, he has an event planned Saturday with our son, friday we can rest.

I am SO glad you are feeling better Carmie! that is great you're doctor is open late, I wish mine were he seems never too be there! Sometimes nurses are more compassionate, the one you spoke with sounded very nice and comforting. You're glands will go down soon I am sure, I read when they "swell-up" they are fighting the infection, so the body is doing what its supposed to be doing, which is good, I get a swollen gland under my ear every few months for awhile, I use peroxide and that helps it, I am so happy the nurse was kind and informative, that goes such a long way, niceness and compassion I know.

I hope my anniversary goes well! I know one day I will be able to go too dinner, I did on my son's birthday. thank you.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Anniversary Debora!
I think Carmie has some wonderful ideas and advice.  I say go for it.  
I hope your day is wonderful and you and yours enjoy a nice evening together.  Are you cooking a special dinner, a special dessert?

Sunny

Reading this thread: