Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Starting a new week

14 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
Good for you for still going and not avoiding the situation.  Each time you do that, it'll get easier and easier.  It sounds like you have some good relaxation techniques, too. 
Something that helps me is to not think so much about the situation that is a trigger, but rather focus on what you'll be doing AFTER the situation.  For example, rather than putting all your thoughts into an appointment, plan a fun thing to do when it's all done and think about that.  That way, you can even say, "in ___ hours, it will be over and I'll be doing [fun activity]".  I don't know if this works for other people, but it sure helps me cope.  It turns the negative thoughts into more positive ones at least!
Good luck at your appointment!!
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the compliments re: toadhouse.  I had quite a time trying to load the pic, and it isn't the one I like best.

Red:  thought of your photos and how good you are - not easy getting what I want - need to try and frame the shot better without so much background and there must be a way to crop photos which I haven't learned yet.

Davit:  Yes, I have seen them in wood.  The entrance should be approx. 4" x 4" or so for the big toads and maybe 3 x 3 for smaller.  The base approx. 7 in. wide at the bottom and anything from 4" to 7 in. high.  I've read to place the door facing south and add a saucer of water near the entrance.  These toadhouses are placed in the shady areas of garden, etc.

Today I have a dr.s appt. which I don't fear, but didn't get a good night's sleep just thinking of it - and another dr.'s appt. tomorrow which I do feel anxious about, which is probably the one that did cause the anxiety and sleeplessness.  As you can guess I dislike going to the dr.s for anything.  I've always gone without missing appts. but I've never liked it.  That place is still associated with all the bad times, the ekgs, the really bad chest pains, the high pressures and so on.  So,  relaxation tapes, techniques and breathing for me tonight and lots of positive thoughts.
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wrestler,
Good luck on Wednesday. This is a step in the right direction.

sunny,
Your toad house is sooo cute.

Davit,
I am glad to hear that you got a lot done with your property.  I know how you love and need your garden.  I will be thinking of you while you are at the doctor.  Imagine me sitting right next to you holding your hand and I will be there with you.

Red
14 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck on Wednesday, Wrestler and good for you for taking the initiative to go!

Wow...that lawn work must have been a big job!

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny

Good to see you managed. Love the house, now my clay pot is going to look rather plain. Wonder if I could make one out of wood? Can you give me an Idea how big it is.

Wrestler, Good luck, I am with you.

Davit
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler,
thanks for sharing your progress. Let us know how it goes on Wednesday. Best wishes. 

14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thinking of you on Wednesday - you're doing great!
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler,

Thanks for the update, it sounds like you and your wife were quite productive this weekend. This is definitely a positive accomplishment! Check in soon and let us know how your session goes.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had a short moment of anxiety today. I've had some anger over my father's death recently and it gave me a little panic last evening. It comes and goes. He's been gone since October of 2008, but I have experienced some anger recently over the fact that's he is gone and there's nothing I can do about it.
My wife and I sodded out whole front lawn over the weekend. 4 pallets of sod. it took us from Friday evening into Sunday.

I see my therapist Wednesday for the first time since late 2006.

David
14 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did half a day today. Was planning on staying home the whole day but started feeling better and bored, so I went in about noon until 5.
No more belly ache and I never missed a workout. I used a combination of oregano oil, goldenseal, probiotic, aloe juice and a lemon ginger echinacea drink for my stomach.

I did have a little anxiety today, but did not let it rule my day.

Thanks for the well wishes,
David

Reading this thread: