Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Interviews

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunflower,

I had fun shopping for stocking stuffers and gifts for my family.  I think Christmas shopping is therapeutic too :)  But, definitely not clothes shopping - ha ha.  I look forward to hearing about your flower shop job.  It fits the category of being creative, calm, and happy :)

Shari
Hmm...you've got me thinking about doing a little Christmas shopping.  I think I'll go out for a bit and have some fun!  I'll check back into the site later this afternoon :)  Thanks for the idea :)

Shari
Yes!  Art is very healing and therapeutic.  Yes!  I agree this whole process is about getting to know ourselves.  As wives and Mothers we do become secondary and forget who we are.  It's great to rediscover who we were as individuals, before we became a wife and a Mother, and to also see who we are now.  Sometimes our tastes and likes change :)  

I love Christmas too and I'm excited!  One year I couldn't wait and I put up a plastic tree early, because if I had bought a real tree, I'm sure the needles would have covered the presents by Christmas :)  

I pray you feel better soon.  You have a fantastic attitude, I would never have guessed you were ill.  That's impressive! 

Shari - I'm glad we're both happy too :) 

11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think Art can really heal sometimes. I think this whole process is all about getting to know ourselves. I think we have lived secondary for so long that we forgot who we were! lol

I am really looking forward to Christmas, I love it. I get so excited. I have to restrain myself otherwise the tree would be up this weekend lol.

I am happy we are both happy :)

Sunflower
PS- I am happy but I have the flu, just getting over it. Nasty bug going around.
Wow!!!  You have learned so much about yourself and have grown so much.  I am so proud of you Sunflower Painter and I'm so happy for you.  You made my day!  

I'm doing great!  I've been learning a lot about myself too.  

I'm an Artist and I love to paint and draw.  I also love arts and crafts such as:  knitting, crocheting, making lanyard key chains and pony bead key chains, scrapbooking, etc.  They make me calm and happy too; I love being creative.  I spent today writing out Christmas cards for friends and family.  I know it's early, but I was in the mood, so why not? :)  I'm looking on the bright side of things which makes me feel good.  Right now I feel problem free and worry free.  I think we're both having a great day!  Keep me posted :)

P.S.  I've started my core strengthening yoga exercises, again, which keeps me from having back problems.  I usually do it in the morning, but forgot yesterday, so I did it in the evening (a couple of hours before bed) and I found I slept better.

Shari
Hi Shari!!

Things have calmed down now. I am starting a new job at a grocery store in the flower department on Saturday. It is part time doing floral stuff so I am really happy. I feel much better. This is a fresh start for me so I feel more excited than nervous! That is a huge change for me. Usually I am sick with panic but not this time. In 1998 I trained to be a floral designer and worked part time at a couple of shops. At the time I thought full time work was necessary and listened to those around me who poopooed the industry. Basically I had friends who were super rich and they put the idea into my head that it wasn't good enough. Thank goodness with age comes wisdom lol

I have quit the child daycare industry all together. I am relieved. No more taking the kids outside for 1-3 hours a day in the hot hot summer or the cold cold winter. We get temps from -40 to +40 C. I am also happy that I will not have to deal with lice, scabies, ringworm, poop, puke and pee :) No more stress from planning activities etc.

Upon reflection over the past 2 years I have been a wreck because I wasn't listening to myself. I wasn't suited to do that kind of work but I took the training so I forced myself to do it. Now I realize why I struggled so much. I am looking forward to a job finally. Just a regular job type job. No more anxiety over having to counsel parents or having to report child abuse. I am starting a job that I can leave at work. I won't bring home any major stress issues. I will be busy but thats ok, I can handle that. I just need to be in control of myself and not a room full of screaming children lol. I think as my daughter grew older my tolerance levels matched her age. Now that she is 11 I am just not into looking after little kids. 

I am glad I learned all this. I don't look at the past 2 years as wasted though. These 2 years I built up my inner strength. I know I can cope :)

So how are you doing Shari? What is new?  Do you do any crafts or art? I find doing cross-stitch and painting makes me calm and happy.

Sunflower
Hi Sunflower,

How's everything going?  I've been thinking about you lately and just wanted to check in and say, "Hi".  Hope you're having a great week!

Shari
I posted the book on the thread, The Stress Response and Role Transitions under the Health Educator's Corner :)

Shari
Thanks Shari :)

What was the name of that book?

Sunflower
P.S.  Thanks regarding liking my avatar :)  It's my knitted dragon, without the chain.  It just reminds me to keep an eye out for self sabotage thoughts :)  You're doing great, keep up the great work!

Shari

Reading this thread: