Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Interviews

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry for the timing of my posts :) and for the double posts :)  I understand what you mean about the longer you're out of work, the harder it is to get back in.  I think a lot of people can identify with that.  I'm rooting for you and I know you can do it! 

Shari
Thanks for filling me in Sunflower, now I understand your situation better :)  My Mom and I will continue to pray for you :)  I know you will be able to do what you need to do.  

Your Friend, Shari
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do need to work. Part time would work as well. I have student loans to pay back and our car is not working as well as it should. Basically my husbands money pays for mortgage, food and bills. Anything extra would be my money, like clothes, entertainment, house improvements etc.

I think the longer I am out of work the harder it will be to get back in. I am just stuck.

Sunflower
One last idea.  Is working something that you really want to do, or is it something that other people think you should do?  I always thought I had to work, because everyone thought I should.  Once I accepted that I was happy and content to be a stay at home Mom and housewife, the stress left, because I was being true to myself and true to my purpose.  I'm not encouraging avoidance.  I just am concerned about stress, because health is more important than doing what you think you should do, rather than doing what you have peace about doing.  My sister in law and I were talking about part time work (in the U.S.) and discovered by the time we pay for gas and travel time, the little pay we would receive wouldn't be worth the effort.  I'm not saying this is for you, I just want you to be happy and I'm just throwing out ideas for you to think about.  I support you what ever you decide just like everyone else on the site does :)  We all care about you.

Shari
One last idea.  Is working something that you really want to do, or is it something that other people think you should do?  I always thought I had to work, because everyone thought I should.  Once I accepted that I was happy and content to be a stay at home Mom and housewife, the stress left, because I was being true to myself and true to my purpose.  I'm not encouraging avoidance.  I just am concerned about stress, because health is more important than doing what you think you should do, rather than doing what you have peace about doing.  My sister in law and I were talking about part time work (in the U.S.) and discovered by the time we pay for gas and travel time, the little pay we would receive wouldn't be worth the effort.  I'm not saying this is for you, I just want you to be happy and I'm just throwing out ideas for you to think about.  I support you what ever you decide just like everyone else on the site does :)  We all care about you.

Shari
Shari, I love the avatar :)

I can no longer postpone working, my employment insurance runs out on the 17th. I need to work.

I have applied and gone for interviews within the child care industry which is what I trained for 2-1/2 years to do but can't seem to land a position. I am worried that my references are not good. I changed them but everyone knows everyone in this stupid city. I hate my city in case you didn't know lol.

I turned down a position in the floral dept at a safeway. It was ok but the idea of having to work the cash register in the main part when I was needed freaked me out. I am horrible with math. I thought child care was the way to go so I turned it down and tried again.

Now I am seeing that jobs I have interviewed for are still not filled. I am doing something wrong obviously. I have one more opportunity. There is a special needs position here in the downtown area. It would be full time, 9 or 930 to 5 or 530. I am supposed to go down on tuesday for an hour or so to see if it is a good fit. 

I also went to another interview this past tuesday which was really good, close to home etc. I know one of my references were contacted. They are supposed to let me know by the end of today. 

I suppose I struggle with trying to figure out if there is a plan to my own life. I know that the bible says there is but so far if there is a God he is keeping me in the dark.

I hope you are doing well,

Sunflower
Would it be possible to temporarily postpone part time work until you are further along in the program, or have completed the program?  It's like skipping ahead to exposure work without having the building blocks in place, or foundation, to help you cope.  In other words, you can work up to working part time :)  And, maybe volunteer only for 1 hour some where and gradually increase hours to adjust and see that you can do it.  Maybe take baby steps, if part time works seems overwhelming. Just ideas :)

Shari
Would it be possible to temporarily postpone part time work until you are further along in the program, or have completed the program?  It's like skipping ahead to exposure work without having the building blocks in place, or foundation, to help you cope.  In other words, you can work up to working part time :)  And, maybe volunteer only for 1 hour some where and gradually increase hours to adjust and see that you can do it.  Maybe take baby steps, if part time works seems overwhelming. Just ideas :)

Shari
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it might be best to focus on one program at a time. CBT can take a lot of work so it might be confusing if you are working at a few programs at once.

What would happen if you did get fired or screw up? How would you cope? 

Ashley, Health Educator
My daughter was so sick, I had to reschedule the work day. 

I am doing the program and am using other programs as well. The hardest part is the feeling that I am trapped. No matter what in order to get over this I have to do what I am most afraid of, working. I am afraid I will get fired or screw up.

Sunflower

Reading this thread: