Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Airplane Flight

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lauryn:  Welcome back!  Well done!  I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and that the flight wasn't what your anticipatory anxiety was showing you.  You are a good example and inspiration for others here, me included.  I'm flying out this summer for a holiday trip and will be thinking positive thoughts all the way. Congratulations.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lauryn,

I'm proud of you for reaching your goal of the flight without medication! It's great that you now have this positive experience to draw on in the future. And it's wonderful that you are willing to conquer this by facing your fears and repeating your experience. What do you think was the key item that allowed you to be successful that day?

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lauryn!

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip and you did it with out Meds.  There is not limit to what you can accomplishment now.

Red
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Lauryn!
I'm so happy for you...you are an inspiration! What a huge accomplishment....and med free! Wow!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Lauryn! Sounds like it went even better than expected. That is very impressive you didn't even need to use the medications. Remember how powerful your positive self-talk turned out to be. You're an inspiration for this fearful flyer!

Teebs
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lauryn53

Congratulations. See with the right attitude, perception and belief you can do anything. I am so glad you enjoyed the trip. If you replay it over and over in your spare time you will build a positive core belief to that effect. It should get easier now.
Again congratulations. Wow and with out meds too, more than I had hoped for you. Sorry but it really was a big challenge and you did it. I am so proud of you.

Here for you
Davit.
13 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, Sunny, Teebs, Helena, Ashley and  Juanita,

I am back from Mexico! The day before I left my nerves definitely started to catch up with me but the morning of the flight I was feeling okay and the plane ride went great. The trip went by without any anixiety! I didn't even need to take my medications once. Which was my goal so I was happy about that. The flight home we were stuck in the Mexico airport for 4 hours (usually I like it to be timed perfectly so I have little waiting time in the airport) But I just spoke to myself and I did great. I was really proud of myself. The whole experience really gave me confidence. Now I just remember the more I put myself in these situations the better I will become in them.

Thank you all so much for your support I could not have done it without you!
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lauryn,
hope youre having a great time...I'm jealous....we have tons of yucky snow here....have fun! and good for you! You should be proud of yourself!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lauryn,

You've got all the strength and tools inside you to face this fear and be victorious! When ever you need too , use those tools.

Have a wonderful trip!

We're all looking forward to hearing all about it!

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lauryn,

Your positive attitude really shines through your fear. We're all rooting for you. Have a great time! I look forward to hearing about how you did.

Teebs

Reading this thread: