Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Airplane Flight

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lauryn53:  Lucky you going on a holiday trip.  I'm cheering for you all the way.  We are with you in thought and hoping you can think of us holding your hand and supporting you.  Have a wonderful time.  Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lauryn53

Enjoy your trip. I will be thinking about you. Possibly with jealousy, but still thinking about you.

Here for you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for the support Davit and Ashley! It really means a lot. So far I just have a low level of nerves no anxiety. But if I get anxious or panic I will cope with it. I have to complete packing now, I have a 10am flight but I will stay strong and let you all know how everything went when I get back.

Thanks again for everyones support. It is very comforting to speak with people that understand how I feel. I'll be back in a week!
13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lauryn53,

I am sure you are pretty nervous and probably pretty excited too.  This is a big thing and getting past this fear will be a huge accomplishment.  Keep doing what you are doing.  We are all here rooting for you!

How do you will think it will feel once you achieve this goal?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lauryn53

I'm here, like I am first thing in the morning every morning. And every night. 
I agree with you, you can do it. I have faith in you. The only difference between yesterday and tomorrow is that you will be on a plane for part of it, but only part of it so if you can find some way to enjoy the flight  the day should be okay right. If not well we have all survived unexpected panic. You have breathing exercises, how about some music to distract you. Or as a last resort just not accepting it or putting up with it. I don't know when your flight is but I will certainly be thinking about you tomorrow.

There for you.
Davit.
Thank you everyone for all of the support! I leave tomorrow and I woke up this morning with some butterflies in my stomach. I saw my therapist yesterday and we had a good talk and I was feeling very confident. When I woke up this morning I was shaking and had a stomach full of nerves. But I forced myself out of bed and just did some breathing exercises and reviewed some of my thought records in my head. I am doing the work and everything I need to do today. I may panic tonight or I may panic tomorrow morning before my flight. I am prepared for it. Not looking forward to it, but prepared that I may panic. I need to just remember I did this exposure a few weeks ago and I made it through just fine.

Just looking for some support today. Thanks everyone for the support last time it really helped!
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!! Have a fabulous time!
Juanita
13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there,

Congratulations! That is fantastic! Have a great trip and enjoy....
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lauren,

That determination in your last post is a HUGE part of the battle. Way to go! And have a fantastic time in Mexico!!!

Teebs

Thanks Juanita Teebs and Sunny for the support! I am about a week and half away for the Mexico vacation and I am definitely more excited than anxious. In the past I used to not one to face what was happening, but this time I really feel like I want t conquer this anxiety.

Ashley,

I have learned so much about myself. That I don't need to feel perfect in every situation. That anxiety is copable and will pass. That I have the power to overcome it like I have proven to myself in situations. And also that nothing is as catostrophic as it seems. Along with so much more.

CBT has been a huge help to me. Very powerful.

Thanks again everyone!

Lauren

Reading this thread: