Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

family gathering

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red.

You got it Red. You can do it. It really is just telling those fears and bad thoughts to go away, after all this is family. If it gets tight you can always go outside and look around. Just take it slow and easy and avoid as much noise as you can, and remind yourself that this puts you one step closer to freedom. I'll be here with you trying to think what it is like to have a family to celebrate with. Enjoy yourself.

Your friend,
Davit
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am happy and anxious about todays family gathering at my sons house.  I do have a little trouble fitting in being that I don't see them all very much.  Ashley and the support group on the depression site went through this with me on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  My daughter in law asked my son to invite me so it must be getting better.  I have been able to stay pretty upbeat and positive this morning so I really do think I am getting better at fighting the anxious and negative thoughts and replacing them with positive ones. This can be hard work at times. Its kind of like fake it till make it. The 10 question list has been a real lifesaver for me. I am determined to make it through this and I am not going to give up on myself.  I know I can get better.  Its all about mind or matter for me now.

Red

Reading this thread: