Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

catching the bus

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats!!
Lovely to hear your accomplishments. 

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh hello Georgie it lovely to hear from you again . You are doing so , thats great to read . Well done you , hope you treated yourself ??

CD x
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Georgie, well done, Congrats:) I have been riding my bike a lot, not much on the busses yet, still. I will think of you and get on and just stick with it:) thanks for sharing with us.
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Georgie!

I am glad to hear from you. . Wow congratulation on all you successes! Wow four hours in a train! Amazing! Going to travel soon by bus for several hours. Got any tips for me?

Once again congratulations!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Georgie,   You should have put this in the success stories forum as that is what it is!  Congratulations on moving forward and progressing step by step.  We are very proud of you and look forward to hearing more of your exposure success'.
  Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone,

thought i'd check in to see how everyone's bus/public transport exposure is going.

i have caught the bus several times - a few times around 4:30 (so not fully peak hour but bus has been 3/4 full). i have had to fight the urge to get off the bus and do a lot of self talk but i made it!

more recently, i went home for the weekend and had to catch trains (30 min ride) a few times.. after the initial apprehension i settled into it.. then the big challenge came - a 4 hour train ride back. i was extremely nervous beforehand - funny stomach, tight throat.. but I DID IT! i had to be careful later on though, eating cake as i knew if i scoffed it down i'd feel sick and probably trigger a panic attack. it was a nice trip after the initial nervousness - i got to see kangaroos too! this is the first time i've caught the train back here in about a year so it was a big thing, but yeah, i made it :)

how is everyone else doing?
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, can't wait to read about it!!
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a great trip!     Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How the heck did you know i was planning one ????? 

Wow time is flying by , will miss you but make sure you have a great time . We want to hear about all your stories , and experiences . 

Have a fantastic time xxxxx
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all i'm going to have to postpone my bus ride till I get back from the trip, I have so much to do i'm baking bread this morning, and packing, and of course painting my toe nails:) dont forget i'm giong away tomorrow for the week, so i probably wont be able to post, but i'l lbe thinking of everyone as I go on a long car ride, and try the boat again, and try other situations, will be back on the 21st:) take care of yourselves when i'm gone, no rebelious parties CD!!!:)

Reading this thread: