Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Small Steps Equal Success

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Made it through a doctors appointment yesterday to go over my labs.The  Dr. was running behind so she was not able to address my 3 concerns and said I would have to make another appointment to discuss..We seem to have gotten side tracked with the 2 of the questions I asked and forgot to go over my labs..So I have emailed her a question about my labs and have asked her to contact me with a answer as soon as possible. I notice after getting home a looking at summary that my LDL cholesterol is very low 41 and I want to know if it is safe for me to continue with my statin meds. Low LDL can cause depression, anxiety, Parkinson's, memory loss, cancer, muscle wasting tiredness etc etc..All the cells in the body are made up of cholesterol and therefore need cholesterol to function properly..
All my past doctor have sat down with me handed me a copy of my lab results and we have gone over them together.
Not this time. So if I come in for a visit to go over labs and can not ask other questions that may pertain to my meds and we do not go over my labs either than it seems to me that this is a wasted visit plus I am not being given the information I need to make a informed decision about my health care or whether to continue with my meds or not.

It's all about having the right to choose based on being informed..Which I am not...and doing what I feel is the safest thing to do based on the information I am given..

These are just more examples of my idea that Small Steps Equal Success. These missing steps/information make it impossible to finish the process and  hopefully come out on the other side with a successful ending..

Communication is essential part of the process. Especially when ones health is at stake..This is not a independent decision..

My Rant for the day.
Red...

Life is worth living and all our successes both big and small show us that. We can always find something positive in all that we do as long as we focus on the positives instead of the negatives in life. Always striving to move in a positive forward direction..

Red...

"Up and at em"
waiting for the sun to come up so I can go for my morning walk today...
"Life is in the doing".

My Quotes for the day!
Red

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would not have thought I could go to another city and have an operation and not have it bother me, but I did. In fact there was no lead up anxiety. Just another day. This is unbelievable. I'm actually looking forward to getting the other eye done. 

Davit.
Making progress with positive distractions while I wait to see my doctor on Thursday to discuss my recent labs with her and how I have been doing or progressing from a physical standpoint that is..

Red..

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Much better at not letting things bother me. And believe me there are lots of things.

Davit
Success a last.
Just one more step in my desire to keep positive distractions in my daily life.
I finally found a quilt pattern that tickles my fancy. "Hidden Wells"
It calls for bright and bold fabrics. I have lots of those in my stash and it has lots of movement to it..

I am very excited about this new project..

Red
 :)

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ever notice how fresh posts go to the top of the list just like this one did.
The mind works just like that with memory. I have made a lot of small steps to get what I want in my memory at the top of my memory list and I've done a pretty good job of it too. But as you can see I still need work because I'm still letting things bother me. I was getting pretty good at doing it subconscious too but have slipped. I know it though so it should be pretty easy to fix.

Davit
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ashley!  Red:)

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your success Red! Sounds like you are doing great.

Don't be too hard on yourself though. We all are a work in progress. Working towards goals all the  time is a good think.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: