Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,092 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BazzViol, TGee, A-n-o-n, qwe, tlr

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- Wayne Dyer

At least it seems this way.  Sometimes my mind is like a popcorn maker, but that's okay, since it's not fattening.
To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working.
- Dennis Weaver

It's hard to not continue what is created by momentum.  Using those few moments of our down time, or peacefulness is important to distinguish what's good versus not good for us.  I find I can tell the difference between what's right and what's wrong, but it's necessary to capture that moment, instead of dwelling on the wrong kind of momentum, since we can always get going in the wrong direction.

Sometimes when I stop, it's hard to start again.  It's like I'm trying to move this huge ship, like the Titanic, hopefully with better results
Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight.
- Mark Victor Hansen

Recently someone told of me some seminar in north america, where a motivational speaker described a "lollipop" moment, coining a phrase to describe when we show others leadership in ways we can't acknowledge.  Apparently, we have this "obstacle" to loving or even liking ourselves.  M V Hansen describes it above.

When I googled "lollipop" moment on the internet, I found the talk, and was insprired to thank a person who inspired me, and transformed my life.  I slept so much better that night, and my anger disappeared, as I searched my memory during my sleep, for more people who I wished to write to, thanking them for their inspiration
There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.
- Sri Swami Sivananda

Isn't it funny how diferent our opinions are from one year to another time, further in time?
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent Van Gogh

There's a person who's names form the acronym "SARK", who describes baby steps as micro-steps, as we strive towards our goals.
Others have done it before me. I can, too.
- Corporal John Faunce

This is really inspiring to me, when I look at how hard I work, and try and give of myself

What do feel you can't do, that someone like you did, so you can be just as competent
If there exists no possibility of failure, then victory is meaningless.
- Robert H. Schuller

Effort is necessary, because it shows will.  This reminds me of the nobel prize winning chemist John Polyani, who stated that "...anything worth doing is difficult...".
The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.
- Thomas A. Edison

If it seems too hard, take micro-steps, which will add up over time.
The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do.
- Orison Swett Marden

This reminds me of the saying "if you don't try to achieve what you don't think you can achieve, you'll never achieve what you could have achieved"....
Some defeats are only installments to victory.
- Jacob Riis

Put me on the perpetual payment plan

Reading this thread: