Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As you probably noticed there are those who are comfortable with their behaviour and it is so ingrained that they can't change even though they want to. Then some don't want to because it is all they have. Sad the loss of potential this causes.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
People don't change their behavior unless it makes a difference for them to do so.
- Fran Tarkenton

Do we wish to make a difference?
The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
- Napoleon
"Aim high" seems to be the suggestion.

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Am I believing 100%?
Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
- Denis Waitley

Failure, as a word, could be substituted with the word "detour", softening it's impact
It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.
- Arnold Toynbee

I suppose he meant that we have to account for the obstacles we might encounter.  Maybe also, he is stating that we short-change ourselves.   Often I see people and think how much more they could be.  They should be thinking that I could similarly be doing so much better.
Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- Zig Ziglar

CBT has been a GPS for success
Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, "Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary."
- Anthony Robbins

He's head and shoulders many inspirational speakers...and I don't mean just because he's tall
Nothing in life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it.
- Ellen Glasgow

Taking accountability for our responses is important to me
The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny.
- Paul G. Thomas

The choice seems obvious: some control or surrender to an unforgiving world

Reading this thread: