Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a good idea Hugs..and food for thought..
Guess I will have to start searching out new people and situations the remind me of my successes..

Red...

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quote of the Day:
Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- Zig Ziglar

Isn't it important to surround yourself with people and reminders of your successes
12 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is so true Hugs.  It's the perfect quote for the day.  My girlfriend of 30 years, Chris, called and had news.  Her son, who is like a son to me, is a traveler which is the modern word for hobo.  He hops freight trains with his friends and lives under bridges and eats at homeless shelters.  If you think that is bad, all of his friends left to go home, and he and Kelly are en route from Oregon to California to Las Vegas where they are going to get married.  My friend is a strong person.  She can't do anything about the circumstances (her son is 21), but her attitude is amazing.  She said, "Getting married, even if it's a mistake, isn't the worst thing that can happen."  She's focusing on the positive, that he's alive and well.  It could be worse, he could be in jail from pan handling.  I so admire her courage and strength.  I believe good things can come out of this.  Difficult times is where there is personal growth.  I'm sure we've all felt that we've had enough personal growth, at one time or another, to be the Jolly Green Giant.  Please keep the family in your prayers.  P.S.  Her son is choosing this lifestyle, he is always welcome to come home.  My friend and her husband love their son and are wonderful people and they keep a good relationship with him, despite his decisions.

Thanks, Shari
Nothing in life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it.
- Ellen Glasgow

I think this is at the core of the definition of stress, which is a " non-specific response of the body to any demand made upon it..".  If we can help "take it"or respond differently, we can conquer many of our ills, including physical and emotional....
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs..

Good point..This is so true..Decisions decision..Not a easy task at all..

Red..

The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny.
- Paul G. Thomas

The trick is choosing one which one is most beneficial
If you can't get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.
- Mark Twain

Compliments could be the best inner voices I ever hear.  I wonder if I'm actually aware of the quality of the voice inside me
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.
- Thomas A. Edison

This morning I had to contact the dentist, because of sore gum.  I already have two appointments scheduled.  I was told they'd have to reschedule/move the 2nd appointment.

So, as Mr Edison suggested, I moved the 2nd appointment closer so I could get treatment earlier.

That's my example of making the cancelled appointment more useful - to serve an urgent request
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs4u,

Great quotes! Keep them coming!

Sonia
The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.
- Richard M. DeVos

Taking a risk is something I wish I had more of.

Reading this thread: