Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,656 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

Medications

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

There isnt much I dont take seriously. Thats one of my biggest problems, I cant lighten up, everything is worry. I dont laugh, smile or enjoy anything in life right now. I used to. But I fell apart and I am blamed for all the bad. In the past I did do my homework on the meds and the Effexor with a beta blocker worked great. But lately I havnt had the capacity to make the decisions on meds etc. but I think my faculties are getting a lot better.

This time of my life has been extremely difficult. I was once successful with a beautiful home and family to almost homeless. So, yes I tend to take things "Seriously". One day I would like to have something related to a life I enjoy.

14 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Good for you for taking this decision seriously.  Members, please share your experiences.

Lance, let us know what you decide to do.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance.

I took Trimipramine for two years after my dad died, because I didn't want to go to work any more and had lost interest in life. (triciclic antidepressant). It is mild but very good. Effectxer I can't take but that is just me. I can't take any SSRIs.  Good luck. May this new year find you driving again.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 192 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Lance.  I sure hope you get the meds figured out.  I used to take Paxil and it worked very well for me and I think if I needed an SSRI I would probably go back to it since it did work for me.  Perhap your dr. (is it the same one as before?) would prescribe Effexor again if he knew how well it worked the first time.  I suppose it may have something to do with the bipolar issue too, which meds would be the best to treat both?  Well, I wish you the best and don't give up, keep posting. We're listening.
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

When I first started having panic attacks I was started on zoloft and then they tried pretty much all the SSRI's. None really worked. It wasnt until I was on Effexor that I was able to drive, most anywhere. After some bad things happening in my life, which I now know is from being treated with AD's and being bipolar. I am starting over on the med thing. Now I am on mirtazipine and am going off. Still have panic, still depressed, getting FAT and sleeping too much.  SO, the pdoc is thinking a tricyclic. I think it sounds good from what I have read, but still want to discuss going back on Effexor (venlafaxine).

Does anyone have any experience with these? I dont want meds, but right now it seems I need help. I WANT TO DRIVE. It sucks to have a nice car sitting there and taking the bus. 

I hear just man up and drive. Right.

I tolerate all meds fine so far, side effects werent an issuse, just them working. Tricyclics were considered the gold standard for panic and depression. Then the new stuff came along. I really need the next med to work. Life isnt waiting around for me.

Reading this thread: