Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Headaches and irrational thoughts

15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI DB, sorry to hear about your friend, thats awful.  Miki, since i'm on the new meds, I have that slow falling back sensation as well, the doctor didnt seem
alarmed when I mentioned it, but its kind of scary.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello DB , i agree with Miki about seeing your doctor for peace of mind more than anything . Sorry to hear your sad news as well , that certainly hasnt helped you .
A couple of months ago i had headaches constantly ( in my high alert days) . Thank goodness they have cut right down .

Goodluck with yours

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.

When I hear scary news like that or see people suffering in pain, I imagine it happening to myself.  Before I had anxiety, I thought it was selfish for anyone to think this, but now it's too obsessive to control it.

I often have this slowly falling back sensation... I guess it's like a really slow 'dizzy'.  I got a CT scan for it and my brain was normal. But it still hasn't completely gone away and it scares me often.

I say, if it doesn't go away in a few more days, you should make an appointment with your doctor, just to check. 

15 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've recently started having quite bad headaches.

It seems to be concentrated specifically just above my left temple and is rather painful. 

I have previously suffered from migraines and it's not as painful as a migraine, however it is painful to touch, which I've never had before.

It's always in the same place and has been going on for 3 days.

Of course I've now daignosed myself with a cerebral  aneurysm, and have managed to convince myself that I'm going to die from it.
I can acknowledge that is irrational when I am thinking about it, but when I am just sitting or walking about and I feel the pain, I get these terrible thoughts.

Does anyone else experience this pain? 

I really hope it does just go away.  To be honest, I preferred the panic attacks.  I've now realised I'm not going to die from them.

This is all made worse by the fact that a friend of mine recently died very suddenly from undiagnosed bleeding to the brain.

Reading this thread: