Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

medication

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Minnessota on facing your fears and taking your meds :) Kudos to you :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just had such a hard time getting off anti-d's before . I stupidly did it cold turkey all by myself . Ekkkkkk the headaches , dizziness , sickness and shaking were hell but i did it . Just didnt like feeling numb all the time .
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had to take my new ones, the day after i took celexa for 3 months, the doctor told me to..I was nervous about that too of course..hehe. so i'm on it 2 days now!!
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Minnesota ( picked mine up but still in cuboard lol ). I just wanted the annetnol completely out my system before i take something else . HMMM well thats what im telling myself .
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, Your sister is right, there are side effects to all medications. Continue journaling and keep track. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi everyone, I finally took my first new med today, my sister mentioned that all medication has side effects even advil and tylenol, which I dont care to take if I have a headache. I decided that i'll give it a try, see how things go. I wrote in my anxiety journal the amount i'm taking and the day I started, so I can keep track of things. Have a great day everyone.
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Interesting Miki... You're right the meds need to be based on the individuals needs not as a "general rule". I've tried to wean but had a really tough time and have pretty much come to accept that the bit that I take just keeps the edge off. That being said I've been great for awhile now and tonite is not so great all of sudden. I do hate how it just seems to come out of the blue with no precursors.. Round and round we go... lol.. Oh well.. I'm sure theres stuff I can do around here.. :).. like laundry.. blah :( Keep the mind busy G'nite!
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read a book called "Overdose" and it talks about how prescription drugs are mis-prescribed by doctors all the time. It's not that the meds are bad but everyone is different and it gets bad when everyone gets prescribed by a general dosage. Everything matters from your sex, age, weight, and all the other meds you are taking. I think Brenna's advices are good and now, I research all I can before I take any type of chemical in my body. I was on Lexapro for 2 years and this year I weaned off it but the weaning was not enough and the meds gave me horrible horrible withdrawal symptoms(Brain zaps/electric shock type sensations). A lot of doctors don't inform anyone about this because they just don't know.
I think i'm losing my mind, I keep repeating things..hehe..!
HI Cornish-dee, I finally picked my new meds up yesterday, I kept getting a call from the pharmacy ( the automated thing) and I wouldnt go pick them up. I was supposed to start them over a week ago. Its funny how i'm not alone with leaving them, glad you could relate.

Reading this thread: