Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,668 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I quit tomorrow.

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
we all feel like that and need motivation it seems like to kick this nasty habit!! However once your on the other side it feels great the benefits of not having to check and have a ciggie every five minutes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stubz, Hope yo are doing well.Reward yourself tonight. Day 3 was my hardest. Good luck to ya. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember being your way, two decades ago. You don't have the clarity of mind to attempt the quit. Think about it and come back when you are clear.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Stubz I haven't had the pleasure of greeting you! I have a couple questions for you, if you have a minute to answer them. What are you doing to distract yourself from smoking? Are you taking a walk, when a urge hits, are you taking along a bottle of water for the urges that hit you while driving in the car? What about self talk when it gets real tuff. That when you say: I do not want you, do not need you, I'm not going to have you, so just go away, go away. How about some weight training in the home, dumb bells are small and can handle 60 pounds each if you like. You can start small and work up to what suits you? Hiking, do you or could you enjoy? How about reaching for a celery or carot stick or striking up a conversation with a co-worker or neighbor. Get your toolbox ready and use those tricks. Glad to have you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, hope your quit is going well. I am like you - a busy mum with stressful times. When are there never stressful times?! lol. But if you think about it, you managed just fine with stress before you started smoking. And all of the non-smokers out there cope with their stress just fine. It's not the stress that's the problem. It's beginning re-educating yourself to cope with stress in other ways. (Can I recommend yoga? I have started a class and if I can be relaxed at the end of it, anybody can!) Work on figuring out what your alternative methods are going to be. Can I also say, the old NOPE thing - I like it, I understand it, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Kind of like when you go on a diet and tell yourself you can't ever have chocolate. Right away, it's all you think about. Instead, I look on it that I can have a cig. any time I choose to. It's just that I'm choosing not to. (And hope to continue not to for a very, very long time!) Somehow, that removes the "deprivation2 element for me. There is none. I think one can also work on the mind set. You know that "God this is going to be so hard, so tough" mindset? Throw it out. Don't let it in. Tell yourself you are LUCKY. You've quit an awful, foul habit that made you stink and was costing you money and your life. Those friends of yours who smoke at lunch? You know damn fine that in their hearts, they will envy you your quit like mad. I know because I've been there - I'm sure we all have. When we still were smoking and we would meet up with somebody who had stopped. Didn't we envy them their strength of character, their willpower? Didn't we always wish we could be like them and we could quit too? Well now, you have!!!!!! :) How fantastic is that? And how envious will your smoking friends be? Hope your day goes well. S x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stubz have a nice day at work :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,281 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Stubz goo job :)Marie one day at a time [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Stubz welcome, drink a bottle of water instead or go for a walk much healthier. You can do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Stubz, how positive are you? wow keep on quitting one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stubz---16 days is terrific! Glad to hear you are pulling though rather nicely. Keep the quit! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,369 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: