Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

OMG - I Almost Blew My Quit!!!!!

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jan Good to see that you are doing better. I posted yesterday to this although the internet went down and it wasn't placed. I wanted to say that you should take a close look at what Windy had said in her first post here, something to the effect that she walked away and got busy with other things and then went to bed when she felt tempted. Do as what she has done and do not let the smoking thought ferment. By the way, when you are a smoker your heart rate is accelerated. Mine was alway 90 bpm now it is 70. An accelerated heart rate burns more calories. To help, do some weight training to build muscle mass which that in itself burns more calories even at rest. Try and fast some like 12 hours or so at a time and drink water to quench your appetite. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 463 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2546.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 86 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, Jan. That Nicodemon just doesn't give up, does he?! He wont beat you, though. I'm so glad to hear that you kept a level head. You're doing really well, love! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,083 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �816 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Venus wasn't skinny - and neither are we!!! Gosh, we're gorgeous! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �819 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know...I think that I watch smokers alot more than I ever did. After I quit, my sister-in-law immediately saw a change in my colour (I didn't know what she was talking about). Mercy is right though....there are alot of overweight smokers and, if you really look, most smokers don't look healthy (skin, hair, teeth) I think we'll look better even if we are afew pounds heavier. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 230 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Once in a while I'll seriously consider reurning to smoking. I'll encounter a craving... I'll envision smoking, feeling horrible, gasping for air... and then I'll think, "Yeah right! Like I wanna do THAT again!" Then I go eat something. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $499.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan. Glad you got out of the clutches of that nicodemon. Just goes to show you that we can't let our guards down ... or at least we just have to be prepared to deal with it when that junkie jumps out at us! Keep that quit going strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$119,557.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 7

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so glad that you didn't. You have worked to hard for this quit. The extra pounds are just more of you to love ;p Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG! :8o: You pulled through another. With each hurdle you you master, the stronger you become! C'mon....together we will be fat, happy and healthy!!!! Seems this 40 lbs I put on (overnight, I might add) is taking FOREVER to come off. Last week I lost 6 lbs.......just to gain back 8 this weekend. Now how did I do that? Could have been the nachos at the soccer field (I DID wash it down with a diet coke!) Or perhaps the cheeseburger and fries from McDonalds on my way to the office (Nobody knows about that, it was on the sly!) :blush: Back in Victorian times big women were "in"...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,729 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1872 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want you all to know that your support has really helped me through this. I'm back to being "me" today! I think perhaps I might have inadvertently let my guard down a bit. Well, no more, my guard is firmly in place, as is my resolve NOT to smoke. Maybe I needed that reality check just to let me know how dangerous the Old Nick really can be! Lesson learned. Oh, and Windy, to comment on what you said about your colour changing after you quit smoking. I've had similar remarks. The main one being that I no longer have any darkness under my eyes. Sometimes you can pick a smoker out just by looking at their eyes. Good point. Glad the darkness is gone. Have a great day guys, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $963 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You make me smile, guys. Thanks, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $972 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: