Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Help!!!

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Whynot Guess what? I think you are remarkable, and I am very, very proud of you. I use to go to sleep sometime at 6:30 PM, take hot showers, cold showers to distract myself. You are getting there, 40 days is a heap of time. Keep on doing what you have been doing as it is surely working for you. You are a very strong and capable individual, know this and continue to keep your eyes on the path ahead. Good luck to you Stickin to it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2257.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, today was better. But things are still the same, really. It takes time for the big changes to take effect. But in the meantime, I decided to just be me and let that do. After all, that has done fine for me in the past, when i just relax and become happy with my best. But I wish this nicodemon would stop using these times to try to crush me. Dealing with life is hard enough without some dirty little scoundrel trying to turn you astray!! I hope the [i]light at the end of the tunnel[/i] becomes visible soon.... Maybe my batteries died.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just checking in on you. I've been thinking about you and hope your day is getting progressively better! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 634 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2219 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whynot....you asked how to not let other peoples actions affect you. I hope you like this as much as I do...it is something I live by...it lets ME be in control. Life is managed; it is not cured. Strategy: Learn to take charge of your life and hold on. This is a long ride, and you are the driver every single day. You are a life manager, and your objective is to actively manage your life in a way that generates high-quality results. You are your own most important resource for making your life work. Success is a moving target that must be tracked and continually pursued. Effective life management means you need to require more of yourself in your grooming, self-control, emotional management, interaction with others, work performance, dealing with fear, and in every other category you can think of. You must approach this task with the most intense commitment, direction and urgency you can muster. The key to managing your life is to have a strategy. If you have a clear-cut plan, and the courage, commitment and energy to execute that strategy, you can flourish. If you don't have a plan, you'll be a stepping stone for those who do. You can also help yourself as a life manager if you manage your expectations. If you don't require much of yourself, your life will be of poor quality. If you have unrealistic standards, then you are adding to your difficulties. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why, How are you doing now? I agree with some of the members, take the you time and spend time on yourself! Everyone seems pretty dependent on you and it may be time for them to cut the strings. Stand your ground and perhaps get a hobby. This will get you out of the house and into a routine that is for you and you only :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't you just want to beat the crap out of ole Nico when he hits you with a day like that? I woke up this morning feeling narly and mean and ole Nico was in the back of my head telling me, you can't do this you need a smoke, what 'll you do next week and next month??? and on and on he ranted (in my head). I had to get out my straw and have a few "drags" for deep breathing. Then I came here, and that finally shut him up! Damn him & his ranting. We will do it together! It feels so good to have the support here and say Fu to Ole Nico! NOPE. Keep the quit! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
OK. I'm back. And I didn't smoke. Afterall, I AM A NON-SMOKER, so why would I, right :) Thank you to everyone. I really needed your support this morning and it was there. Thats not an experience I have had a lot of in my life. As for the hard times in my life, I will just have to finally let go. Stop letting other people's actions affect me so much and live my life. I will stop trying to do everything possible to keep everyone around me happy, and just deal with what I can, the best I can. And is going to have to be good enough. It does still hurt though, and thats the feeling that I just don't know how to get over. I don't know what to do with it when that's all that's left, how to keep going and try to be happy, when inside I just don't want to. I am actually looking forward to seeing the doctor next week, I hope he can help me. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
they are going to be lost without me. I know they will be. HA! Then they can visit me, in my smoke free home, and go the heck outside to smoke, and look at my beautiful home ( I am a pretty good home-maker when i wanna be :)) I will not let them win! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whynot - Please keep posting. Rant, rave, scream, yell, cry - do whatever it takes. Just don't smoke. Try not to feel guilty about not picking up after your parents, brother, sister-in-law...think of it as giving them a taper off of your maid services --- like a training program for them to prepare for your moving out! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,150.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 12

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whynot, I'm about to go to work so I'll have to make this short...but... DON'T YOU DARE SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're having a bad day... and you knew to expect some of those, right? Tomorrow will be better!! Keep the faith, with yourself, and with us. We've all gone through the bad times, and we will again. But we fight through them and we come out stronger on the other side. Believe in yourself!! We believe in you! Stay close. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 534 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: