Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri - How are you? I get worried when I don't hear from you in a couple of days.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,206 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 11

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tigger I am the same way. If I chew gum or suck mints I seem to want one more. I haven't had much appetite but it seems I keep gaining weight. But then again I've been on my butt since November. I am walking more now that the weather is nicer. I wish I could work in the gardens. I have been making plans of how I want them this year. At least it keeps my mind busy. I'm so proud of all of us. This is very hard work. I hope hubby makes it. He has cut down a small amount so thats pretty good for him. But he sure stinks up the house. I can smell it when he smokes in the other room. Sure does stink. Its amazing how bad I smelled for all these years and never really knew it. Stay strong and good luck to all Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,701 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have come to the realization that I can not eat anything whether it be low fat, sugar free or just chew gum because after each time I eat or chew to take the craving away I end up wanting a cigarette. So I just eat my regular meals so that I only have to put up with the "after eating crave" 2-3 times a day. Not that I'll lose any weight that way but, it does seem like a pretty good way to not gain any weight while quitting. The only craves I have really had are the ones that come with the boredom. So I try to stay busy any which way I can. Good luck to all. Stay strong. I can't wait till I get to the high numbers. N.O.P.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Yep, I know those side effects all too well. ;) I can keep up with the big boys now!!! ha ha ha ha Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
(1) My britches are already beyond tight! (2) I'm loving the sugarfree gum, but it's not without side effects! :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Porky and Changing, I'm so happy that you two are doing so, so well and have such a great quit going. Porky, it's great to hear that your doctor finally got back with you. Maybe once you're up and able to move around like you were, you won't be retaining fluid as much. Let's hope so. I'm so happy that the Chantix has helped those cravings and so, so glad that your husband is taking it too. That's wonderful news. Changing, I did the same thing that you did with having that 30 slump early. I was really blue and so, so tired early. Now, I'm having a few more cravings so I wasn't sure just when I had that 30 Day slump. But I do believe I had mine early and the cravings just kicked in a little harder over the last few days. Strange thing is, my cravings aren't lasting as long as they once did. Yee Hah!!! Over the last few days, I'm having more frequent craves and they're more intense but each crave doesn't last that long. Just enough to be aggravating!!! Sugar free jelly beans work great for those too. ha ha ha ha Man, if I weren't eating sugar free stuff my britches would be entirely too tight now. ha ha ha ha Oh Porky, I have cut back on using salt because my buds have come to life too. Man, look at our meters!!! I'm so happy that we've hung in there together. It's been great having the two of you right here with me and our Quit dates so close. Stay Strong With Me!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,727 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Porky - If you go to Pfizer's Chantix website they recommend 7 days on Chantix while still smoking, then quitting on day 8. But, I have heard of some people who took it for a couple of weeks before they quit. I think your husband will find that after a week on Chantix, he's not going to want to smoke as much and will naturally cut down. He may even decide to quit before his 3 weeks are over! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys!!! I am feeling so good tonight. I was really put to the test last night and I passed---barely. My daughter was jumped by a crazy girl right in front of her two kids. She called me to come there and I was a nervous wreck. All I could think of was a smoke until I got there and she was fine. I'm glad I fought that urge :) Tutti I am so glad you are back. We missed you. I'm not on much but I do try to read the posts. The water pills are working. The sun is shining. I'm happy for the moment. Who knows how I will feel in the next moment. hahahaha I see by meter I have saved lots of money. My question is "Where is that money"???? I don't seem to have extra yet. My husband has started the Chantrix but they have his pattern way different than mine. He stays on it for 3 weeks before he has to quit smoking. The doctor told him it might improve his chances of quitting if he slowly cut back and waited three weeks or so. Has anyone heard of this? Mine was different cause I had already quit. The Chantrix helped me after about 5 days... Nice stats Jan58. Very impressive. I know we are all going to make it. Love to you all Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Thanks Jan! Your stats are amazing and very inspirational! Terri - Congrats on the clean bill of health and the de-bloating which I hope is happening with the water pill. And no - food is not tasting salty to me...wish it was...maybe it would help me eat less! Tutti - It sounds like you're doing great! We're all so happy to hear from you again - while you were "away", your name was brought up in several threads - you were missed! I hope your mom is healing and feeling better. I'm doing pretty good - less tired & better mood. I think I hit my "30 day slump" early - 2 weeks ago was a doozy! So thankful to be feeling better! My thoughts are still trying to play tricks on me (e.g. the stupid nicodemon still visits frequently) - but overall I can't complain. Thanks for all of the support from everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, Porky and Changing, I think it wonderful that you guys are great support for each other right now. You're all pretty close in your quits and are going thru some of the same things at the same time. All the miserable stuff associated with the quits is ONLY TEMPORARY. And one of the best ways to get past that is patience. That being good to yourself. Still I think its important to rest when you can, indulge yourself a bit, and keep telling yourself that there are GREAT days ahead. Because....there really are!!!!! Soooo proud of you guys, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $657 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: