Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

How Did Ya Do It?

16 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, but what do ya do with the nozzle :quest: unless I really don't wanna know... lol I did have a post written out and submitted it but it came back with an error and lost it. Oh well. I have used welbutrin in the past and it was awful. I cried about everything and honestly felt like I was gonna loose my mind. Not a good feeling so I quit taking it. I used the patch a couple times and my only gripe about it is the nightmares it gives me if I fall asleep with it on. I'd wake up and ask myself if I had one on and touch my arm and sure enough, I did and rip it off and fall back asleep with no probs. Wonder why it does that and only if I have one on in lala land. Weird. I agree, everyone is different. I will say this, I'm at the end of my rope with this smoking. It's gotta stop because I don't wanna die young and from cancer. It's one of my worse fears other than my PA (peanut allergy). I can control my destiny and I will because I can. You guys are great! I just hope in time I can help ya'all as much as you are helping me. Thank You sooooooo much for all the responses. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MaMaG, I am using Chantix and so far it has been working well for me. I've heard it said many times here that each person's quit is different. I think different methods work for different people. I'd say keep in close contact with your doctor and use whatever works well for you! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 755 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Praxin I,m going to tell you just what I told Gen, A Nozzly Thingy is what people use for oral gratification. ;p Okay ?? Its a water bottle with a nozzle !!! :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, someone has to tell me what the nozzle thingy is, it's driving me nuts! Please tell me what it is! I used patches and wellbutrin, I'm still on wellbutrin but haven't been on the patches in over a month. [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/Praxin60/smallcliftonsigfile.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MaMa - Spend some serious time on this site reading and reading, and well, reading... There is enough info here to support you in a successful quit IF you're ready... Blessings Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 429 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1994.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi MaMa, First is needing to have a great positive attitude. Put in your mind that you "get" to do this thing... and not that you "got" to do this thing. I have tried several methods. The gum works the best for me. I also see there is no right..wrong..better... or easier way to do this. Each person seems to taper the way they quit to their own needs. Really... you can use water..candy..gum...meditation..inspirationals...bible reading...straws...WATER THINGYS.... or any method you devise for yourself. Just don't smoke. Welcome.... you'll do just fine. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $478.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama g....I am now cold turkey...as of day 3 I have been....keep in touch... x lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL!
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gee Gen You don,t have a nozzle thingy ?? It,s what people use for oral gratification. ;p if you get my drift. Actually Gen. it,s a water bottle with a nozzle. :)
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, Welcome! As you can see the are varying opinions about the quit :) Each experience can help you within your own quit and get you moving forward. Take the time to look through the site and use the tips and tools available to you :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: