Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me...Deep Dark Depression, Excessive Misery

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tutti, first, take a deep breath.... pause..... then carry on deep breathing vent here as much as you want. i am on IM if you want to chat lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,809 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 14

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, Take out your frustrations on the addiction, not the quit. Think about the tobacco producers (rolling in YOUR money) slowly turning from riches to rags because we are TOO DAM SMART to keep killing ourselves for their benefit. Your life is worth more that that. Heck ya, you have a right to be angry!! Attack a punching bag, go to a greek restaurant and smash your plate on the way out! Every day the pain will ease, little by little until it is something of the dim past. Then you can help someone else get through the tough times too! We are here for you, friend, you can do this: Just believe in yourself and remember why you are quitting. N.O.P.E > Kill nic, it feels fabulous. He dies and WE ARE FREE. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,092 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$545,136.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 15

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tutti I was away yesterday and missed your post.........but, yeppers, Day 3 is a killer...In fact...I caved went to ask hubby for a cigarette and he was out (Guess I was definately mean't to quit) There were some other bad days after that but never so bad that I felt like I was gonna cave. Here's wishing you many good days ahead. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $820 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, You CAN do this! The first few days are the roughest, and after that it does get easier bit by bit. It gets easier to cope with the cravings. Remember, one crave at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. You'll start to feel better soon. Promise. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,206 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, I am not going to say hang in there. I am going to say way to go for hanging in there. You did it! Now take that deep breath and tell us how you feel. I can promise you it does get better, I remember day 3 and I remember everyone say hang in there 72 hours of body ridding itself of nicotine is almost over, I thought yeah right , easier said than done. Guess what I made it and I am so happy I did, and you can too! I have never seen an obituary in the news that announced a death due too quitting smoking. Now I have seen many that ask for donations to the local cancer society, or lung association in the place of flowers to the grieving. So cry, vent get it off your chest it won't kill you. You just think you will die without that fix! I promise you will not. So let us know how the manicure is looking now! Stay with us - breath in breath out! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$12,197.42

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6425 Hours: 1

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, hope you are doing better. Those first 3 days are THE worst ever. Try getting angry with the Nicodemon that hooked you in the first place. early on, I used to imagine myself as his puppet (his? why His???? Maybe it's a her! *****. lol). We used to have TV ads here some years ago when smokers were pictured as puppets - string out of arms, legs etc. Holding them tight to their addiciton. I used to "see" myself as one of those puppets and as the days went past, I was breaking more of the strings. I was breaking free. Try getting angry with that little nicotine hoodlum burried inside. You are starving him (or her!) Well done getting through. S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try some positive thinking, that makes you feel better. Dutch xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 326 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �961.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Misery loves company....and there is lot's of that here! :) I smile because many people say they make it through this ordeal with only happy thoughts, love in their heart, and a smile on their face. Whoppie-de-friggin-do! I had thoughts of domestic violence, felonious vandalism and *sometimes* homocidal thoughts! :eg: Keep your sense of humor about you, acknowledge and adhere to the concept of N.O.P.E. and WHATEVER it takes to remain nico free! A terrific sense of humor is crucial...the irony of it all is mind-boggling! You want something that will kill you sooo bad!? Sounds like my first marriage! LOL! You will be okay, my friend, Tutti. I can tell that you have the stamina to beat this! Hang tough! Keep the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, How is day five treating you? Sherpa, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is always recommended that you consult your physician or a pharmacist before you begin any type of NRT regiment. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, I'm so happy to hear Day 5 is better for you! With regards to your numbness, you may be protecting your quit and you may not have the greatest attention span right now. Also, your no longer getting pleasure out of sitting, smoking and replying to e-mails as you once use to. You may want to explain it to your friends & family to avoid those confrontations from ever occurring. Keep persevering! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: