Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

My First Ten Days on Zyban and Without Nicotine.

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Tony, About it being too easy. You know, its always been true that people could not smoke in department stores and with all the smoking I do and all the cravings I have, I have never had a craving in a department store. So I pretend I'm in a department store. There its easy. I've also been in therapy for a period in my life and never had a craving there either. So, as long as I'm doing a happy thing like shopping or getting love from a therapist, I'm okay. This is really revealing to me. I have to find more ways to have fun and be happy and stress free. Good luck to you and keep being happy. Cranky
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Geezzzzzzzz, I'm on Ziban & the patch. it isn't doing that for me. Good for you Tony. When I did go on the ziban, & i was still smoking, the cigarettes tasted awful. So why go I want it. When i was smoking with the ziban, i was thinking to myself, this tastes horrible, why am i doing this. But here i am fighting with that little devil. he making me pissed.
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are so lucky Tony. I'm taking Zyban, today has been the hardest day. Thank God I have these posts to read and keep busy. No energy, cravings are so bad, I'm going out of my mind. You are so lucky, wish I was on a deserted island where there are no stores to buy those demons. I'm just so freakin tempted today.... I don't know what's going on. I can't take it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WT, I tried to quit many times on the patch, the gum, the patch & gum; and smoking was the only thing I could think about. Willpower has never been my best attribute. Today is my ONE MONTH mark of no smoking! I completely agree with you about it being "easy" on Zyban. But, it doesn't matter how hard, how easy, how painful, how joyous... the fact of the matter is you aren't smoking! I know for me not having to plan my next cigarette, or my next cigarette run has been so liberating. Cigarettes no longer control my life. No routine of perfume, gum, hand washing BS! I know a craving will hit sometime... maybe before my 3 months of zyban is up. Maybe after. I think the longer I condition myself to not smoke; the easier it will be to handle when it comes. Start calling yourself a non-smoker and think of having a cigarette like you [most likely] think about killing someone. The thought may cross your mind; but, whatever! You aren't a murderer so you sure as hell aren't going to go kill someone... just like you sure as hell aren't going to have a cigarette. =) Cheers! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 11 over and the curry count is still on ten, thank the Lord. I`ve been to a 21st party tonight and the smoke is now starting to irritate my eyes. This never happened when I was smoker. I will get by but really missed my curry today. I may have 2 tommorow to catch up!!LOL!! Tony Smokefree for 12 days 18 mins and 1 second. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Hi All, Tony here wanting to share a little of my world with you all over the last ten days on this drug!! Why do I feel like this on Zyban? I`m not smoking-I dont want one-Ive been sat with 3 smokers in the bar tonight and we never spoke about cigs-I just dont understand. Usually,at home, I would go completely mad and search the house, car, bedrooms, drive for miles to get one, especially now on the computer as this is were I used to just blow 10 to 20 cigs in an hour no problem. I would smoke the smallest dimp out of the ashtray. I would call a taxi to get me some from the 24 hr garage and bring them to me at home if I was over the drink drive limit. Why has all this left me-I feel so strange not knowing what its like to REALLY be a non-smoker. I aint used to this!!! I wake up NOT wanting a smoke-I`ve forgot to take my Zyban 2 days ago and I never "batted and eyelid" but continued to take one the day after. Am I trying to run before I can walk? Am I getting complacent? Please help as this is TOO EASY!!!! Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Cheers All, Had another good day today but still eatin curries. Its 10 in 10 days now. I gotta stop this. I got real farts(gas). Tony. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tony, I don't know if you are too complacent or not -- But hey, if you're feeling that good this quickly into your quit, all the power to you! I've heard a lot of great things about Zyban, but maybe with your own resolve and adding the Zyban factor to it it's given you double the ammunition to fight the nicodemon! Congrats Tony :) Keep up the good work ! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Tony! Isn't hard to imagine that smoke would ever irritate your eyes?? For me, it's not smoke, it's cats; we have them, and their litter box never used to bother me before. Now, I want to gag whenever I go into my house. I'll probably end up shooting the cats. peteg
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers to you, Tony! Ten days looks absolutely smashing on you! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: