Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I've done it again

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Craig, Please keep posting. Don't worry if you sound negative. Just be yourself. We've all been there. You know, I have quit and failed so many times, that I can't even count. What would you say to me if I just gave up and decided that there's no point in quitting? Failing, unfortuantely, sometimes is part of the process. Don't waste energy on hating yourself. Use all of your energy in loving and honoring yourself and staying quit. Keep going..... you can do it. Linda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, I feel your pain with the friends and the beer. I actually had to say no to my friends this past Friday, because I knew if I drank, I would really want a cigerette, and this quit is more important right now. It is my priority. Will I drink with my friends again....you betcha...just not today...tomorrow is a different day and maybe tomorrow I will partake in a tall frosty mug, only I will know if I'm ready. I love the "hole" story. We all make mistakes, and this is my fifth time quitting, so I know about slipping. Go over to yourself your reasons for quitting. This is important to keep these reasons handy for times when you may be weak. Even though we are here to offer support, it is still your quit and yours alone, but we are behind you 100%. We are all going through this together. You can do this...pick yourself up, dust yourself, regroup and start again. Never quit quitting!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 281 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, I'm not always on my game. But, I saw your name and told you that I would watch out for it. I believe I posted to a site post this site, but had to chime in. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Craig -- I don't know how I missed this for so long, and I'm really sorry I wasn't there to cheer for you. Sometimes I get a little lost in here. But I hope you've forgiven yourself and are all psyched for the new quit. Self-anger is a wonderful tool for the addiction -- it knows your weak spots and goes for them with a vengeance. Being kind to yourself strips the addiction of some of that power. You don't have to do this alone, but I think you do need to be your own best friend and biggest fan. I'm over here cheering like crazy for you --- peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ive done it again !!! ive relapsed for the second time in three weeks after a couple of beers last night with the boys and i bought a packet this morning on the way to work.I am so pissed off its not funny !!!!! I went 7 days the first time and now 5 days and ive blown it !! i desperately want to be a non smoker but am i too weak.I am seriously doing my head in im that angry at myself. Im thinking 3rd time lucky,i have reset my meter for Monday coming.Am i wasting my time ??? i dont know anymore.I just want my life back. Craig [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont want to sound like a whinger because it not my normal style,but i think because of the trouble ive had quitting ( today is my quit day for the 3rd time in 3 weeks )im struggling with all types of emotion.This original post was a real cry for help last week and i was really down that Katy & Windy were the only ones to care ( Thankyou )I,m thinking that because ive had trouble quitting people arent interested in the negativity that i must be portraying,i dont know!! Maybe i need to do this alone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, I'm sad to hear that you are going through a very rough patch! But happy to hear that you haven't given up on quitting! I know very few people who are successful on their first attempt, they do exist though! Most of us are all in the same boat, try, try and try again. Trust me when I say, you are not wasting your time trying to rid yourself of one of the nastiest addictions I know! Stay strong, stay here at SSC and take advantage of all the resources you have to keep your quit strong and healthy! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Super It is never a waste of time to quit smoking. It has been said that most people should avoid alcohol for AT LEAST 30 days if not longer. I think that you need to be prepared to do that since it is obviously a trigger for you. You also need to commit to making some major changes in your life (especially for the first 3 weeks) Avoid places and people that are triggers until your quit is strong. This does not mean that you will never go to a bar again (just not right now). 5 days and 7 days is WAY to early in your quit to start taking these risks. Jump back in, lie low for the first three weeks and look at how you can make this quit work for you! Good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Super - Congrats on Day 1. I wouldn't think too much about the number of replies. I know that I avoid replying to people who are going through a rough time or starting a quit if I am having a bad day. (I figure my bad days aren't likely to inspire you - just ask the people that have to live with me!) I think quite afew have been going through a rough patch lately and they are just holding on tight to their own quits. You know us...we go through hills and valleys. You can do this - keep posting (By the way - post in the general forum too....because that's often the one I check first if I am short on time) Ready, set, go!!! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Craig First time mistake Second time coincidence Third time I will come and get you! Come on my mate lets rock! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: