Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Am I going to spend the rest of my life hiding under the blankets?

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wish I could tell you soemthing to help you feel better. Maybe you and I should be roomies. lol I hope it gets better sweetie.
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I too am wearing out on one method when the crave hits. For one of my treats, I bought myself a fancy toothbrush, awsome new flosses, and toothpaste. I hardly have any enamel left, but on the upside I have the best breath I've had in years. I haven't really tasted mint in a long long time. :) I guess I'm trying to make ammends with my gums and teeth for putting them through so much. My version of the AA 12 steps program. I need to find something new too. Is that wierd? I guess my point is, is that [u]this is a growing pain[/u], and we've grown in our quit and should embrace the next steps ahead. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonna...You can NEVER give up your quit because I have WAY too much fun reading your posts. I think sometimes I want to post just to see what you MIGHT say. This was an old post but I just saw it again. Thanks Marie for always being there! And way to go with the stretch yoga! Even we clutzes can do it. I was all set for yoga tonight and then forgot that I had an appointment at 5 (yoga is at 5:30). Thinking I might look into yoga classes outside of my gym because they really do leave me soooooo relaxed. Thanks for all the support everybody...it's 9:30 and I haven't hit the covers yet! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Thank you so much. Had the STRONGEST CRAVE tonight...but now I'm drinking my green tea, and enjoying my hard candies and it's going away. It is such a relief to get reassurance that my life will start again (except better!) I don't want to lose my quit and you guys keep me going. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Well..it's day 8 and I'm still going...but I have to admit that I woke up this morning feeling a little discouraged. Evenings are always my worst time because I am not busy and because this is when I did all of my smoking. The days pass by quickly. I got through my first week of evenings by drinking water, eating candies and drinking green tea. When the cravings got too strong, I snuggle up in bed and watch t.v. Sometimes, I am ready to go by the time supper is over...other times I last till 11 or so. I used to be a night hawk. Crawling into bed seems to help with the cravings but I don't want to spend the rest of my life there. Please don't recommend household chores...I hate housework and always do it first thing in the day when I have the energy to do it. I feel like I'm coping but I want to start living! I never used to have trouble relaxing at home but it drives me bonkers these days. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you feeling now, Windy? Better I hope. There' some real ups and downs in this journey and its nice to know we're all in it together. Thinking of you. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It will not always be like this Windy. In time it really does get better. I've learned that from previous quits. I was just dumb enough to start again. Not this time. I don't want to relive these days were are going through now. Its been a rough ride for me, too, today, still is, I just finished supper and for the first time in a few days I really felt hard done by. No after dinner cig. But you know what, posting here really helps and this time I believe I can do this! And so can you. Hang in there, girl! All of these horrible feelings really are TEMPORARY. Uncomfortable, I know, but definitely temporary. I'm right there beside you, Windy. Keep the quit. Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know it sucks windy, but keep the good fight up. It will be worth it. My lungs are already feeling better after 24 years of smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Sorry I missed this post - been away a couple of days. Just wanted to add my little bit of support! We've all seen it written here so many times how everyone's quit is different - but one thing that is definitely universal is that the first two weeks are the most difficult, physically. Your body is going through all those changes at the moment - it's no wonder you want to hide under the blankets. Keep focused! You are nearly at the end of this two week tunnel! Use that inner-strength! If you need to stay under the duvet for a bit, that's ok I reckon - you'll soon get bored of being in isolation!!! Anyway, hope you are feeling much better today. Deli xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trust me you are not going to be hiding under the covers. You are doing just what I did the first 2 weeks of my quit you have too just to protect yourself. Now I am doing so much better and I am starting to think like a non smoker whatever that is lolo. It does get better next thing you know you won't need covers and then you will have to start wearing p.j.s to bed lol. keep up the good work you are not alone on this one. Your real friends will understand [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $127.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$163,548.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6105 Hours: 15

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: