Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

What's wrong with me I want to smoke so bad!! HELP

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Babs, Want you to know that I still think of you!!! Hope you are well, and able to enjoy the summer. Maybe being away will help you. So when you are ready, come on back...I miss you... Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,766 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep reminding yourself that you are stronger than this! There is safety in numbers...I am glad you did decide to post. Your quitting will become an inspiration to someone else who is looking to just make it the one day mark or the one week mark...look at you, you are already at the one month mark! Be proud of yourself for that accomplishment and hang in there. This too shall pass! :)
18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
... just dropping by to see how you are doing today Babs [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 554 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 2

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[quote]I pay attention to when people that smoke, I mean how they sound, how they breath or should I say how they cough or how they wheeze.[/quote] Don't forget what you wrote ^^^ ... why the heck would any of us want to go back to that? I enjoy being able to really breath again. I enjoy not coughing up phlegm everyday from smoking. It is gross. [quote]I honestly don't know if I am going to make it.[/quote] Babs you stop that 'stinkin' thinkin'' ... You CAN DO THIS. Look at your stats ... You ARE DOING THIS. You are winning the fight girl. You are! Don't let yourself fall in that 'I can't do it pit'. Turn that thinking around. Come Babs ... we are all pulling for you. [quote]Right now taking one second at a time. In my mind I think of all of you non smokers holding hands and I think in my head how many there are of you. I then think in my head that prayers are being said that I don't smoke.[/quote] We are thinking about you, praying for you and hoping that you keep on keeping your quit with us. We need you for support just as much as you need us. [quote]I miss smoking but I then think to myself most non smokers miss it right?[/quote] What is there to miss about it? Really? What? Smoking is nothing more than committing a slow suicide. I can't believe I ever did that to myself. The mental habit of smoking or the physical cravings want me to miss it ... but I will not let those cravings win. I know it is the addiction talking and I refuse to be a slave any longer. [quote]I was feeling like something was being taken away from me.[/quote] You are giving yourself a gift. You are freeing yourself from being a slave to addiction. What you are losing is not worth keeping. Let it go Babs ... let it go. [quote]Another thing I noticed is that for me not smoking can turn me into a royal witch or what rhymes with that--get it?[/quote] Be kind to yourself. This roller coaster ride gets bumpy. I think we all become lil' demons on one day or another. It will pass. It will pass. [quote]I was even thinking/talking yesterday to my husband telling him it would be easier to do my quit when camping is over and I'm stuck in the house by myself and away from people.[/quote] That is the addiction talking Babs. Don't let it win. You can
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Babs, I don't really know you that well yet. So I don't know if this bit of advice would be helpful or possible. But could you go on a nature walk? Collect leaves or rocks or whatever. Do you have a camera with you? Go and try to take some nature pictures. Think of what is around you at the campground and what you could do to enjoy your time, then get busy doing it. It will take your mind off the smokes and you'll have a good time. Wish I was there ... I'd go on a nature walk with you. We'd find something fun to do. Hang in there ... don't give up those stats for anything or anybody. Own your quit Babs and be proud. You have come so far! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Babs ... just stopping by to see how you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 643 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/055025a.gif[/IMG] Babs ... where are you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Babs it has been almost 2 weeks since your last post. Everyone is really worried about you. Will you please post? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey babs! where are you ? we want to know how you been ! :) mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$45,001.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 7

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
babs, ((hugs)) you sound like you are having a really hard time right now. i am so proud of how many cigs you havent smoked! those neighbors of yours are very inconsiderate, but i want you to know that they would love to see you start smoking again because they are so jealous that you quit!!! remember the reasons you quit and hold on to them. i know you feel weak now but this time will pass. last week, i was in a super bad mood and was a witch to everyone ...but now i am feeling much better. it is all the ebb and flow of things, babs. stay strong and keep posting here to let us know how you are ! i am praying that you will not smoke. (hey, if that works, that is what i will do!) mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$45,001.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 7

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: