Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

What have you learned?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.759 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,772 Members

Please welcome our newest members: A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151

Which day has been the hardest so far?

18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
7 DAYS!! That's amazing... i'm struggling through day 1!! 'Go you good thing', I'm thinking! Smiles Cass
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm only on Day 7 myself... but I'm a little confused... b/c this whole first week was not that hard for me. I did used 4 pieces of nicotine gum the first day, 3 the next 2 days, 2 the next and 1 yesterday. I'm attempting to go zans gum today, so maybe this will be a hard day. I have to say the weekend has made me a little "tired". I really didn't have to "fight it" that much during the week, but the weekend hit up a lot of triggers: I worked my resturant job (smoke breaks, everyone smokes! sitting out back after the shift and smoking with co-workers), bars/concerts, AND just out and out relaxation time. I left immediatley after work to go run, just saying "goodbye" to all my work buddies who I normally would have sat down and hung out with, maybe even hit up the corner bar with. I declined invitations downtown on Friday as to not be put in the risky situation of smoking and only went to dinner with a friend and then rented a movie. DID go out on Saturday night but went with 3 non-smoking friends, and LUCKILY happened upon a bar that had 2 rooms, 1 being Non-smoking (This is UNHEARD of in NORTH CAROLINA!!) so that was cool. But, the things I would normally do, hang out on the sunny front porch with my roomate smoking cigs and girl-talking, hanging out @ work, bars, etc - they are Relaxation triggers and I had a lot to dogde this weekend. I hope the week will re-engergize me!
18 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I've been lucky enough to have a somewhat easy quit so far, but I think it was just saving itself up for today. I would have to say that for me day 7 has been the hardest day so far. SO I was wondering what was your hardest day (so far)? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I still want to smoke. However when I logged on today I realized I didn't want to smoke as much. It's significantly easier for me at my TWO WEEK mark (yea!). I'm mostly dealing with the emotional stuff that I helped dull by smoking. Is that possible? Anxiety and saddness primarily... Stopping smoking is motivating me to make other changes now too. The most important being the need to re-do my thinking. Now that I can't feel shame about smoking I find myself berating myself for other things. ACK! My favorite side effect so far has been my boobs got significantly bigger. Wierd! I thought I was pregnant. Anyway, I expect there will be other hard days, but until day 10 or so I didn't feel any craving improvement. Let's all keep it up! Love, Sierra C.A.R.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
harrow, like you this has been a "not so bad" quit. I would have to say the first three days were the only ones that had me biting my family's heads off. since then...no problem. Go cold turkey! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 411 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$50,463.93

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6258 Hours: 4

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Harrow, LOOKING GOOD at one week, congratulations!!!! Day three was the absolute pits for me. I now know that you're mind can be tired from thinking too hard for too long about the SAME thing. At the time in your quit when you are still making adjustments about what to do with yourself (when you used to be smoking) it becomes a little frustrating, even if you have a plan. I felt like I was walking around a little aimless looking for something to do and knowing that while I wanted to smoke that was not going to be happening! That's when Mr. Treadmill and I became the best of friends. I'm glad for you in getting through your first 7 days. Time for a reward! Hangin In Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 633 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TODAY!! man overboard- quick someone throw me a life preserver, i'm swimming toward the 50 day cruise ship and gettiing a little tired at this point in my quit. i drive an hour and 1/2 to and from work. this morning i stopped at the convience store just for a pack. went in got my coffee paid for coffee and got in my car and drove off. i forgot to buy the ciggs. how wonderful!! i think i can i think i ca i think i c i think i i think i thin i thi i th i t i.................. i th i thi i thin i think i think.....it's time for a reward! thanks CobenFan a reward is just the answer. smogfree shamrock meg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me it was week 3... pretty much the whole week. But, it got better after that. Week one can be difficult due to the physical withdrawals. Congratulations on week one, you are on your way! Remember to post often, we'll be here for the good, the bad, and the ugly. I tend to think of myself as the whiney ;-). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,549 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $588 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: