Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Calling all Knights....The Chickens Cryin Again!

18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhh....ummm....really Cuddles...you shouldn't have! ;p It is good to know that you aren't the only nutcracker out there.LOL I just kinda hold on man, hold on! That is really all any of us can do. We may suffer the same we may suffer differently but we all suffer and thats what bonds us together. It's darn cool if ya ask me. My throat hurts so badly tonight. I'm not sure what are pains from quitting or what are pains that maybe I should need medication to clear up. UGgghhhHhHhHH I hate going to the doctor...they don't give you stickers when your my age! :( Have a good one guys.... Remember: No Smoke, No choke, No croak! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Okay like I have said you guys are awesome! Can always count on ya and I like that. Ohhh smoggone....I wore a 14mg patch for days 1 and 2 but have been cold turkey the rest of the time. Its a hard road...I now know alittle of what to expect...it just really surprises me how some days go so well yet some are still so hard. I just can't wait until it completely goes away....I am hanging in here. Thanks to all of you and the support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Okay I really don't understand what happened. I have been around other people who smoke since I have quit and I haven't had a problem. But last night...10 frickin days into the quit...I cried my eyes out...shakin....crying like baby without a bottle. I was 1/2 laughing and crying telling my husband what a nut job I believe I have become. I have felt pretty dang on good for the past few days but last night! WOOOO What a doozie. I went to a friends house and she smokes...its so routine to smoke and bs with her. She asked me if I minded and I said no...it was her house ya know...but I had to leave. I cried all the way home...I missed smoking and driving and that made it worse. I came in and grab my husbands pack of cigarettes and proceeded to roll it around my fingers hoping that horrible urge would leave. I tried to eat a piece of pizza but crying was all I could do. I don't think I have ever wanted a cigarette that bad in my life. I'm confused...Last weekend around the 7 day mark...BASKETCASE...8,9 day mark pretty cool actually vibrant...day 10...BASKETCASE...what IS my major malfunction...I am almost on 2 weeks can't that a**hole Nicotine LEAVE ME ALONE??? It's a sneaky little devil I tell ya. My husband made me laugh at myself...crying over a smoke...come on...gimme a friggin break. Is it true that I could possibly have days like these for the rest of my life??? Calling all old quitters....I mean years....do you still want them? Do you still sometimes miss them?? I hope to God you still don't cry over them. Please somebody reassure me that this too will pass!!! FYI May have felt horrible last night but the thread on Excessive Farting surely lifted my spirits...I'll be sure to post my gaseous stories if it comes to that!!! Right now I just want to cry I am such a WOMAN!!!! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Okay.... I just love you guys to death...you always seem right there when I need ya and I love that about this place. I believe I have developed a simple case of multiple personalities...my husband would agree ;p. Rissa, may you be blessed with a book of matches...light candles...febreeze...matches definitely works best...and your a good woman to claim the excessive farter! ;) Rusty, Rusty, how I thought you were a man....I do apologize :blush: I appreciate the support from women and men...lol I just thought you were the latter. LMAO OinkOink you are always there for me yet I never say thanks to just you so THANXXXX OINKOINK LOVE THE SUPPORT!! :) I think I can make it...I am definitely laughing now...I feel like such a dingbat...I need to dye my hair back blonde...I think everyone would agree. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi chicken.. We had similar nights last night, everything went wrong for me yesterday and I was freaking out. I didn't exactly crave a cigarette but I did want a way to calm myself down and I couldn't figure out how. I feel like it is getting easier overall but sometimes I am unsure of how to control my emotions when I get stressed, because normally I would smoke and forget about it. Now I have to really make an effort to get out of my funk. Last night I cried, took a bath, drank tea and read. That calmed me down, but I still didn't sleep too well. I am trying not to put too much worry into my "freak-out" nights because after reading all these posts you and I both know that there is a light at the tunnel and that is what I keep thinking about. My boyfriend (excessive farter DaveP) and I both have had major freak out nights and we are just trying to be there for each other. Glad to hear his farting thread cheered you up though! It is funny, but unfortunately for me his problem is very very potent right now (maybe why I can't sleep, right?). :) Anyways, take care of yourself and know that you are going to get through this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chick, I found weeks 1 and 2 hard but am finding it a little easier this week. I am not saying it is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy, just a little bit better. I have read lots of posts thet testify to it getting better over time and I think that is true. I stopped for 9 months a long time ago so I know it does get easier and before you ask I started again thru weight rather than craves. What gets me thru at the moment is staying positive, thinking about how good I will feel to have beat the crave and thinking that if I give in I have to go thru the last 17 days again. Hang on in there, it does get easier - honstly. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 212 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �42.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great thread.. it's nice to know others are having these days. I really underestimated the downer days that I would have.. of course, PMS in my early 40's isn't helping either. I keep telling myself that it will get much better once this PMS week is over. I too feel semi psycho this week.. at least reading this thread makes me feel like I am in good company. I too am a knight and can see why it is good to have a group where we all quit around the same time, because it appears there are quite a few similarities in the journey. The fart thread also lifts my spirits.. who knew? Congrats to all the knights who are still in the game! We will be past our first month soon! Thanks to all for thier support too, it is great to have all of you with me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LMAO Cuddles...Hee Hee CS, I am glad you are feeling better! You are doing a fantastic job! Pat yourself on the back for me! YAY YOU!!! Quitters don't suck! Knight Amy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken and Rissa.. Hold on tight knights.. the Nicodemon is obviously making his rounds at your houses. Draw those swords and angrily slash away at the Pusher.. that murderer.. that manipulative liar !! He saw you at a weak moment and rushed in to try to reconquer you. Stand strong and deny him and he will go away .. for now anyway.. Diversion helps a lot when those strong urges kick in out of no where. Change whatever you are doing.. In your case Chicken I guess you did change it by going home.. you will get stronger.. one day you will handle it.. one episode at a time .. In your case Rissa.. if you are like me, I needed the constant something in my mouth thing (getting better now..)and that always calmed me down. You guys stay strong.. we Knights don't give up.. we are real quitters.. (what did I say ???) Hang Tuff ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken first let me say that you are really brave to have gone to your friend's home knowing you would be exposed to cigs. I can't do that. I know now that I just can't be around people who smoke right now. Yesterday, before I knew this, I would hang around people who were smoking just to smell the side smoke. Today I know that it will trigger a craving so bad that I can't work. Today I will cross the street if I see someone so much as light up. Right now you are so vulnerable, perhaps you can't be around people who smoke. Later is a different story. Now, maybe you need for people to understand that you aren't ready to confront that particular demon. Those who love you will understand.

Reading this thread: