Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

TODAY IS MY QUIT DATE!

18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Matt Exciting that your stopping its the best thing youll ever do - theres nothing good about smoking though it may take you a few weeks to realise that. Its challenging to quit - but a challenge is always nice, right! Look upon the whole thing with enthuisiasm and you cant go wrong - its all about attitude! [b]G[/b]
  • Quit Meter

$689,740.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7690 Hours: 22

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, today is my first day being a non-smoker. MAN, I've only been awake for about 2 hours so far today and I feel like I'm floating/numb.. I can't concentrate on my job (I work from home so that helps).. Anyone else have a quit day today? Any words of wisdom to get me through today? My smoking buddy is also quitting today.. however I'm afraid I'll get a phone call later today from him telling me he couldn't do it.. and that will make me want to give up too.. I've tried quitting too many times in the past and I'm tired of failing.. so I WILL follow through this time.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thank you everyone.. I'm just going to try to stay busy.. Maybe do some work on my basement this afternoon (finishing lower level, about 1/2 done now)..
Thank you everyone for your support as I went through day-1 yesterday.. It was a tough day. But I feel good today. I always thought it was just a dumb saying "take it one day at a time".. now I realize that's what it's all about. If I tell myself, I can never smoke the rest of my life.. It's overwelming.. but if I just say "I have to get through today".. it seems easier. This morning before I got out of bed I promised myself that I wouldn't smoke "today".
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Matt and welcome to our community, congrats on stopping. Only 2 hours!! thats great and takes a lot of willpower to begin with. The way we work here is to just take it minute by minute and hour by hour. If you go onto the 'Introduce yourself' area there is a thread for those of us who started this month, we are forming our own sub group and you will find it helpful quitting at the same time as the rest of us. I too couldn't concentrate on my work to begin with but it is getting easier, even though I am at work writing this!! Anyway, good luck and 'see' you around [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Matt !! Welcome, pull up a chair, get ready to talk because we are ready to listen !! 24/7 and holidays for sure !! We all know what you are going through really ! Are you quitting cold turkey ? Using a patch/ gum ?? There is a new club forming for people who quit smoking in February 06. It is being run by FairyDust.. We are looking for a name and for new members.. you are welcome and invited. Pick up some hard candy.. it will help with the cravings.. get 3 kinds.. sunflower seeds are good too and I hear tootsie pops are all the rage ! Get rid of all cigarettes and ashtrays and give yourself 0 access. Drink lots of water or tea or cranberry juice. These will help flush the nicotine out of your system faster. In 3 days you will pass the physical addiction and it really is easier after that. Look at quitting for what it really is.. rehab. Pamper yourself and make the next few days about you. Rest when you need to, vent when you need to. Eat a bit more if you need to. Let others know that this is your time.. it helps them to be supportive. YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION !!! YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! STAY POSITIVE !! HANG TUFF !! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Matt keep up the quit! The support offered here has helped me tremendously, it might help you too. Keep coming back and stay strong. Rmember you are one day closer to no cravings. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How's it going today Matt? You have made a fantastic decision, and in my opinion there isn't a better place to come for support than this place... Just keep reading, posting and most important of all, protect your quit above all other things right now!! You CAN do it!! [img]http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 506 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �50.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Matt welcome . Don't worry too much about what your quit buddy does or doesn't do. You have to really want this for yourself. Since you work from home, you have a great opportunity to use this site. It really will make a difference from all your other "quits". Use the tools available. You can do this! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Cool_cool11.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $365.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Matt, mad englishman here...........how about the responses that you got to your post!!!!!!! Pretty good huh. How would you like to repay them all? Just a suggestion...............but how about not smoking? Do we have a deal? Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 482 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: