Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

HELP! Nearing one month and struggling!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
G---, We all experience different withdrawal symptoms when we quit smoking, and some people do get depressed. Quitting smoking is hard and often people find it hard to make such a dramatic change in their lifestyle. Although side effects may be unpleasant, they should pass. When you experience withdrawal symptoms, remind yourself that each symptom is a sign of recovery. Your body is in the process of healing itself. If your depression persists, or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult your doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of your past history, and when you stop smoking the symptoms may abruptly become noticeable. If you�re uncomfortable talking to your doctor about depression you may want to take The Depression Test at: www.depressioncenter.net/depressiontest. The test gives you a �Final Report� that you can print off and hand to your doctor. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made it to 15 days....I'm so depressed. Yesterday I bought a pack of cigarettes. I've been having horrible anxiety tacks. Something that I've never had in my life. I couldnt' take it....needed to function between working and school. I couldn't concentrate. Cigarettes finally calmed me down so I could think straight. Has anyone else gone through this? I think I'm going to need to try some Zyban to help me through this....
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, if this 30-day mark is anything like the first few days, well then by golly...you ALREADY KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! You're even wiser and have nearly a month behind you now. You know how to manage the cravings and fight through this stuff. I know you have it in you and you know it too. Whatever it takes, as long as it takes. You don't smoke, You don't like to smoke You don't even want to smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, just think about it, one month, ypppy!!! This is SO COOL you have made it this far! I am sure those cravings ar somehow your brain not believing the truth - one whole month already and NO PUFF! I think this is why you crave smoking so much - because not even yourself can believe you achieved this. But you did it, girl, be strong! Kick that nicodemon away from your mind! One month! Way to go! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Job opn the 26 days, Just think of how much you will be letting yourself down as soon as you light that cigg...The shame of wasting those 26 days...is it worth it? NO Just hang tight!! U can do it! M.Robinson
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if I psyched myself up for a 30 day hit, or I'm one of the many who close in on a month smoke free and go ballistic, but I hear ya! The last two days have been nuts (speaking of, cashews are wonderful!) I have had headaches for the first time in two weeks, I'm feeling light-headed again, snippy, can't focus.......maybe this is like the Bill Murray movie "Groundhog Day" and instead I'm reliving Hell Week all over again? :8o: Sometimes, I will think about having a cigarette........just one......but then I think about what is obviously going to happen 20 minutes after that. I will want another one. Will I give in? Most likely, after all, I've had one already, blown my quit, might as well go for it all (can you tell I have dieted a bit in the past? ;) So.......me picturing what will happen AFTER that first smoke I am craving makes me realize I'm just not gonna do it. And then the craving subsides (note I did not say "goes away") Like I said, these past few days have been pretty brutal....... Sounds like we're both on this particular roller coaster ride together. I'll do it if you will! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DixieChick.............been there, done it, got the t shirt, know it sucks, but like me.............you will cope with it cos you are a winner! You chew away because it will pass. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=2] [b]Think back to that 3rd week[/b],Why was it easy ? what are you doing different from then ? perhaps this holds the key. Perhaps if the smell is triggering cravings. Avoid the source for a while, untill you can better manage it. I'm not ashamed to admit that i think the smell of cigarette smoke is lovely, but it's o.k. cos i aint smoking it. Always remember that it's our choice what we do about it, you are aloud to enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke & not be the sucker on the other end. It's all a mind game and the mind is a very powerfull thing, it will get easier. keep chewing that gum !, low-sugar preferably. enjoy[/size] ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2444 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$12,509.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 23

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi DixieChick, I can soooooooo relate to you and your struggles around the one month mark. I am on day 30 and the last 2-3 days have been bad for me. I have been so emotional...just like I was in Hell week. Yesterday, I thought i was going to rip someones head off(well,mainly one particular co-worker)I work in a place that sells cigarettes so it would have been so easy to buy them and go outside and just puff away...I didn't do that thank God. I am not going to let anyone get in the way of me staying quit this time...I have learned from previous quits what some of my triggers are and am finding new ways to deal with them instead of lighting up. I choose to listen and believe everyone here who have gone through this and says it gets better. Hang in there with me...we CAN and WILL get through this too! hugs, Tabitha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dixiechick...you got it. It was tough for me around 30 days as well. I called it the 30 day pit. I fell in and it was hard to climb back out. It was a depressing period for me but just know that once you get through it things get much easier. Quitting is a process and there are certain stages that we just have to go through to get to the side of freedom. Try to keep a possitive attitude, it really helps. Congratulations on 26 Awesome Days Quit!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $682.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: