Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,532 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Quotes

10 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"We think very little of time present; we anticipate the future as being too slow, and with a view to hasten it onward, we recall the past to stay as it is too swiftly gone.  We are so thoughtless, that we thus wander through the hours which are not here, regardless only of the moment that is actually our own."

Blaise Pascal
(French Mathematician, Physicist and Religious Philosopher)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"For the rest of my life, there are two days that will never again trouble me. The first day is yesterday with all its blunders and tears, its follies and defects. Yesterday has passed forever beyond my control. The other day is tomorrow with its pitfalls and threats, its dangers and mystery. Until the sun rises again, I have no stake in tomorrow, for it is still unborn. With God's help and only one day to concentrate all my effort and energy on, this day, I can win."

Og Mandino
(Author, The Richest Man in Babylon)

All is love.

"You have no idea what a poor opinion I have of myself and how little I deserve it."

W.S. Gilbert
(English Poet and Humorist)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Man's mind, stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension."

Oliver Wendell Holmes
(American Writer and Physician)
"All truth exists within man and never in the world about him.  He who studies the world studies effects. He who studies his own mind studies the cause and source of things as they really are."

"A psychological transformation is not possible without a spiritual awakening, and before a man can change his kind of thinking, it first is necessary that he alters his conception of self."

U.S. Andersen
(Author, Three Magic Words)
Good idea Dave,

Here are a few for consideration:

"To be aware of a single shortcoming in oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in someone else."

The Dalai Lama
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The longest journey is the journey inward, for he who has chosen his destiny has started upon his quest for the source of his being."

Dag Hammarskjold
(Former Secretary General of the United Nations)
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals Himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

Albert Einstein
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"two steps forward and one step back is still progress." 
"Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up."

Chinese Proverbs quotes
I thought a thread on thought provoking quotes we can learn from and come back to may be of benefit. Please share insights as you find them. I'll start.....

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

Albert Einstein

And...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Read more at

Reading this thread:

© Copyright 2024 Evolution Health. All Rights Reserved.