Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,530 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Quotes

10 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"As a single footstep will not make a path on Earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind.  To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again.  To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."

Henry David Thoreau
(American Naturalist, Philosopher and Writer)

Love is all.
"Ours is a world where people don't know what they want, and are willing to go through hell to get it."

Don Marquis
(American Humorist and Journalist)
----------------------------------------------------------

PS:  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

All is love.
"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."

Winston Churchill

All is love.
"The mind is a superb instrument is used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.  To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly, you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease. You believe that you are your mind.  This is the illusion.  The instrument has taken you over."

Eckhart Tolle
(Author, The Power of Now)

PS:  Let me say that the first time I read this passage out of Tolle's book, it stopped me in my tracks.  Even now as I write this passage down for the reading and thinking benefit of others, I find it still has the same effect. There is no doubt that the mind is a battlefield in its conventional use, but we are so much more than our mind. I, myself, am only beginning to see the truth in that statement.

Love is all

"Forget the past, for it is gone from your domain.  Forget the future, for it is beyond your reach! Control the present! Live supremely well now! It will whitewash the dark past, and compel the future to be bright! This is the way of the wise."

Paramahansa Yogananda
(Indian Spiritual Master)
10 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Agreed - "love is action, not just an emotion".
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love that quote Cryptkeeper! Thanks for sharing.

Ashley, Health Educator
"Love takes more than crystals and rainbows, it takes discipline and practice. It is not just a sweet sentiment from a Hallmark card.  It is a radical commitment to a different way of being, a mental response to life that is completely at odds with the thinking of the world.  Heaven is a conscious choice to defy the ego's voice.  The more time we spend with the Holy Spirit, the greater our capacity is to focus on love."

Marianne Williamson
(Author, A Return to Love)

All is love.
10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great quotes David! Thanks for posting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
? C.S. Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
? Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reading this thread: