Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Day 1

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yahoo! Congratulations on Week 3! So glad to hear that thoughts aobut smoking are decreasing, too!
  • Quit Meter

$22,623.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 18

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Jim, Vincenza & Sly!!  3 weeks smoke free now, yayyyyyy!! Going for long spurts of time now without thinking about smoking. Feels really really great!!!!!!!!
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cherie!!!

Congrats on making it through Heck Week!  You've made it through the toughest part of your quit in fine fashion!  Continue on with what you are doing so far, it's working!  N.O.P.E.!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,385.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 7

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi quit4life1111, 

Congrats on 2+ weeks smoke-free!!  You're doing great - keep reminding yourself about why you made the decision to quit and remember Not One Puff EVER!  You can do this! 
Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cograts 2 weeks is great and does only get better.
My Flashes were almost done and when I quit smoking they became stronger and more frequent
as well.They are finally starting to calm again.
Thanks Lolly :) It has been so much easier the last 2 days!! I'm worried that I may be feeling to confident but I really have made up my mind that I don't want to smoke ever again. The thought of sucking in that poison & the fire burning my throat & the smell of poison on my skin, in my clothes & in my car & always worrying when I'm going to get a deadly disease are all reasons I've made this choice.
Feeling good & I know it's even going to get better!!
yay!! 
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Cherie,

You are doing more than hanging in there....you have 2 whole weeks under your belt!   Things should start to improve for you soon, thought I'm sure you wish things could move more quickly. 

Do remember the rewards no matter how small...they are important.  The hot flashes will continue for a while yet, but, if you don't stress about them, the intensity will weaken over time.

You are doing the positive self-talk.  Keep it up along with the determination to remain quit no matter what!

WHATEVER IT TAKES, JUST DON'T SMOKE!

Love Lolly.  
I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already, omg!! I'm really doing this :) Seems like 1 super long day and very sureal but it's actually happening. I know the best is yet to come so I'll keep hangin in there, no matter what, deep breath ;) Thanks so much for all the support thus far!! sheese another hot flash, grrrrrr...have been getting these more since I quit smoking. Time for another black cohosh, lol. Anyhow, thanks again ya'll non smokers!! I can do this!!

Cherie 
WTG Girlie :) Congratulations on your choice to quit!! The support from people on this site is awesome!!!! NOPE "not one puff ever :) You can do it!!

Thank you, Lolly, Red & Jim :) Done with day 13 & 3hrs into day 14, wow almost 2 friggin weaks!! Seems like 1 really long day. What a test this has been but so far so good, hangin in there.  One thing that's helped me is that I told everyone I'm quitting & post everyday on facebook. It would be very embarrassing to smoke now. And I put non-smoker on a dating site too so I can't give in, no matter how bad it gets!! Now that I'm thinking about dating again & I don't want to date a smoker so I have to quit, lol. Oh well, at midnight California time I will be able to say I'm 2 weeks smoke free, just 21 more hours, lol. 
Hip hip horray to all us non smokers!! 
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, girlie. Day 3 can be kind of a rough ride, but it is worth it. After Day 3, the nicotine will be gone from your system, so the really poweful physical craves will be gone after that. You may feel a distinctive sense of relief when that happens. I remember having a big, "aaaah" feeling when that happened for me.

Please stay close and post as needed. Follow the HotSiO2 rule of waiting for 3 responses before caving in to a crave. Most likely, the crave will have passed by the time those respones come in. You can also start another thread here if you like.
  • Quit Meter

$22,623.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 18

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: