Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,516 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

embarassed

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On top [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $748.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Keeping this on top, too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $748.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Seamus, I DO mean to pressure you. This is the STOP Smoking Centre, not the STILL Smoking Centre & it is for people who want to stop smoking. If that is you, then take one of the many hands that have been offered you, grab on, & DO IT. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $748.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, Sitting on that fence for this long must be starting to hurt! :8o: I don't mean to pressure you, and I know how hard this must be for you, but your body won't quit without you! What I mean is, YOU have to do it! I think you just want to suddenly be quit and not actually have to do it yourself. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Like Mercy said, quitting will actually be a relief once you actually do it, because it will be one less weight that you've been putting on your shoulders. I know it's not easy, especially to make that first big leap... but you can do this Seamus! Use an aid if you have to... talk to your doctor about Zyban, Wellbutrin or Chantix. Whatever it takes, get it done! You know that we'll be here to help! There's no better time than the present! Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 762 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,147.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, Just do it. After being on the fence for awhile you'll actually find more peace in quiting than in wishing you would. I think you went cold turkey. Pick an NRT....like the patch and go for it. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $800.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lady. The fact that you asked means the world to me...... I am okay......still smoking though.......still riding that stupid fence....can't decide when to get back on the quit side......... I come to the site 3 or 4 diff times a day, and have been reading everything, just have not been writing much.....don't feel right writing posts right now.... As far as my quit......I really don't know when I am going to quit.....i keep making excuses as to why i shouldn't quit right now....and I know that's common, and that there will always be something going on...and i need to just go ahead and do it.........I'm just not applying this head knowledge I have...... Thanks for asking about me Lady. I am still around, think of quitting numerous times a day, and come here often......
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wondering how you are doing. Hope all is well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 747 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,614.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Butterfly Swimmer and Unhooked. That's about all I can say right now is thank you!!!!
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, I'm about to bare my soul here. Watch out! LOL! ;p I can totally relate to what you're saying. And people telling you "oh, you're such a great person, yada yada yada" doesn't really help if you don't believe it yourself already. It just goes in one ear and out the other. I understand. So, I'm not going to do that. Instead, I'm going to help you find the confidence and belief in yourself, because that's where this journey begins. But only you can do that. First, forgive yourself for everything in the past. You can't change the past - only learn from it and fix the mistakes you made before. The fact that you started smoking is irrelevant. Forgive yourself for that and then move on. Quitting smoking builds your self-confidence more than anything I can think of. Seriously! I mean, if you can do THAT, then you can do ANYTHING!!! Right?! Quitting smoking for me has opened doors I never even thought were accessible to me. And it's all because I now believe in myself enough to make others believe in me too. But right now, you're sort of stuck in a place where you don't have the self-confidence to quit smoking, so you can't gain the self-confidence that quitting brings. Tough spot to be in! But you know what they say, "act the way to want to be, and eventually, you will be the way you act." So take that first step. You might not be able to believe in yourself enough to believe that you can quit forever... but how about for 5 minutes? ANYONE can quit for 5 minutes, right? So at the end of that 5 minutes, do it again. And again. Those minutes turn into hours, which turn into days, which turn into months... and eventually, you're sitting at over 2 years going "Did I really do that? ME?!?!" I want you to get here too. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Seamus, what if you did one amazing thing in your life that was really, really hard? And what if you had a bunch of friends who had also done that thing to help you & advise you so you knew you weren't alone? And what if you had seen some of those friends slip & fall & be welcomed back with all the same help & love as before? In fact, what if you knew you would be welcomed back because it had already happened? Wouldn't that give you some confidence & a reason to love yourself? To continue smoking is to continue giving yourself an "out", a reason to not be confident. Step up, Seamus & do what you say you want to do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: