Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

A visitor left me a cigarette

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so proud of you!!!! I think allot of us have encounterd that forgotten butt somewhere. Two years ago I was a week into a quit. I was cleaning my car to make it smell pretty and when I tilted the seat back there was three quarters of a pack of cigarettes on the floor. What did I do? SMOKED EVERY LAST ONE. Took another bunch of months to quit again. You deserve a present....your hubby too. why not go out to lunch or dinner with the money you both saved from not buying a pack of cigarettes each. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was very rude of your customer! Next time he comes in you should ask him for his support, tell him the stress leaving that dirty death stick on that table put on you. Good job destroying it though, that is a big step and fabulously liberating and empowering right!! Congratulations! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 198 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $700.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$544,956.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4202 Hours: 7

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know about anyone else, but every time I see this subject, all I can think of is 'How rude!' ;) Well done on your century tryagain! x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �704 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jonthedj, Some quitters have found this too be helpful, others have found it too tempting. It's a personal decision for everyone, however should it become too tempting, you know what to do. Thanks for sharing! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I saved the last cigarette in my pack from 2 weeks ago. It's readily acessable. Im keeping it purposely to prove to myself I wont smoke. I think it makes me stronger knowing i can have one at anytime but choose not to. I will probably throw it away in 2 more weeks when I hit my month mark. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhhh tryagain, :gasp: Temptation...that evil nicodemon! :eg: Josie: LOL yeaghhhh....blow on it and stamp it out! ;) For many of us, our spouses or significant others still smoke and..."if we wanted"...the fix is within reach. As I have stated many times, my husband is wonderful in his being courteous to go out, or at least on the porch to smoke...however.... he does leave those little..."butts" ever so temptingly in the ashtray. Strange that you should post this today, because a little while ago...I was coming in from getting the mail (hubby is out in the pole barn messing around)...and as I come onto the porch (it's enclosed by the way)... first the g--awful smell hits me...and my immediate reaction is to look into the ashtray... "hmmmmmmm" as I am thinking to myself..."is he trying to test me?" because...he NEVER leaves that much cigarett left on a butt to smoke, and he always crushes them so badly...it would be extremely difficult...to straighten one out to smoke what was left. :quest: Fortunately for me, I'm done with week 1, week 2, and month 1 and working on Month 2.... If...I take that stupid butt :8o: and smoke it... I will have to go through every moment of the first weeks torment again, and tryagain to Quit. No Thanks...I'm DONE ...and I expect that my husband is pretty impressed right now at what he is still seeing in the ashtray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so good, don't touch it...let your customer come back and find it.... auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain: WELL DONE, you! You had a most wonderful resolution to a sticky situation and managed to provide us all with a cautionary tale and a happy ending to boot! "Wielded as the sword of freedom, the vacuum wand SMOTE the nicodemon, vanquishing it in one stroke!" Ha! Great stuff -- when do we ever get treated to the word "smote" any more? I LOVE it! You did great -- what a terrific way to get that nasty thing out of your presence -- and how satisfying for you! That much closer to permanent freedom indeed! Good job and congratulations! Keep the faith -- and your ever-stronger quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1048 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean about not wanting to touch it. Josie does give a good suggestion, you could also toss water on it first or have someone else, anyone else get it. Whatever you do. Don't leave it there until you feel you are strong enough to deal with it. I'm afraid it might fester. You have shown great courage so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 486 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Waiting to hear . . . . . . . . . . How long does it take to smash one cigarette? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TRYAGAIN YOU HAVE WON TRASH IT!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: