Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Keep coming close

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam Rob puts a pretty clear perspective on this. I hope you can feel the care, concern and the wanting for you to keep quit. I hope you pull through no matter where you do it. KTQ - Peace Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 269 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,739 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you are here. Glad you are continuously looking for insight and knowledge. Keep on keeping on and keep on checking in with how you are. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 269 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,749 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good show BFS. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,897 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $499.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my gosh Pam! You are doing this for you. Perhaps you are spending too much time helping others in their quits (like me) to spend time for your self. You know REWARD your self with some me time! Do something you want to do with your time away from here. Remember you quit for YOU now you need to REWARD you! You don't owe this site your time and effort to help others quit. Though it is very wonderful of you to do so. This site may have helped, but ultimately you did this ALL BY YOURSELF! YOU OWE IT TO YOU to KEEP YOUR QUIT!!! What about all your time and effort you spent to win and QUIT for 380+ days?! Do you want to waste all that? Do you want to throw it all away for just one cigarette? I think not... Get to the root of the problem here. You've been over a year quit so this is all mental. Is there a deeper reason you are feeling so stressed? Find out what that is and tackle it. Smoking is not it. You'll only have TWO problems to stress you out if you smoke. You started this for yourself. You kept your quit so far for yourself. Don't kid yourself. If you really wanted to smoke the only person stopping you is you. So for yourself just let this feeling go by and continue to be free. It is not greener on this side. I can't even see straight, but I know it ain't green! This side of the fence is crap! And if you come over here I will personally kick your A#@! Seriously you are a wonderful, smoke-free person and you need to love her as much as we all do. Don't smoke. Hugs to you! Tennielle
I read the rest of the thread now and glad you are okay. I did mean everything I said...Especially the kicking part! Tennielle
Just to let you know I'm doing well. There are alot of fences to cross before I get to one year. But so far 10 days is where I am. I sure I'll see the next fence or barrier or bump in the road (however you what to call it) soon. Until then I'll enjoy where I am and when I get there I'll just take it as it comes. You have a wonderful smoke free day. Tennielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Katy, I feel like I was sitting right next to you. I found cigarettes in a drawer in my dresser about 6 months into my quit. They kept calling my name as well. Finally I had the courage to throw them out as well. Excellent post! Thank you for sharing it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 507 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,151 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1774.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Glad your perspective is better! Keep up the great quit :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 502 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1757 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
....and the one hanging by her nails just cannot understand what is wrong with the one who wants to jump. Does she not see how desperately she is hanging on the edge of that cliff? Can she not see the struggle and the desire to be on top of the cliff instead of hanging on the edge. The quitter wanting to jump has the option to just turn and walk away, however the one hanging is fighting gravity, anxiety, and against all odds is still hanging there. Would you like to trade places???????? Either way, jumping or letting go, both lead to death.... Smoking kills. Nothing romantic about that. ~Sorry Penquin had to continue the story for you. Perspective Pam. Perspective. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 499 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1746.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
I would suggest you go back and read ALL those posts about how horrible you felt when you slipped. Remember? Or have you chosen to block those memories out? Remember how the resetting the meter made you feel? How do you think throwing the meter out of the window at this point would make you feel? There are still times I may consider smoking and there have even been a couple of times that I very seriously thought of giving up. I sat down and made a list. I almost convinced myself that smoking would make me feel better than I was at the time. Then I thought about it. I couldn't convince myself that it would really work and that I would enjoy it or that it would change a thing. So I didn't do it. You see, I may still be an addict, but I'm not a complete fool. I KNOW way too much now about smoking and not smoking to give it all up. I remember Hell week. I remember that first two months, that first six months, that first year. I can now look back and see how far I have come and what a difference quitting has made in my life. If quitting hasn't made a dramatic change on your life; perhaps looking for some changes in your life would be a wiser choice than smoking. I could not hang around smokers all the time and not want to smoke. Recovering alcholics don't hang out at bars either. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 499 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1746.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: