Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Keep coming close

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Butterfly - Of course we are worried...You have been one of our strongest quitters...we would miss your support...and, of course, when we see someone ahead of us jump, it makes the rest of us feel a little shakey....but ultimately, you are right, you need to find the desire within you NOT to smoke. I was just wondering, why did you quit again after your last slip/relapse? What made you want to come back? Why didn't you want to keep smoking then? Whatever you do, take care of yourself...you've been a great source of support to many of us and we want the best for you! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,256 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam wrote: ..."I�m young (29) and can quit again in a few years when I�m older and am really done with smoking. ..." ------------------ Hmmmmmm.... Well, remember a recent thread by Joe Cool? He developed lung cancer at the age of 21 .... Hang in there, Pam! Don't look back. Just seeing yourself swimming in a river of no return. It will carry you to the big ocean -- the ocean of total freedom from nicotine! Don't attempt to swim against the current! It's pointless! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $395 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, make that pack history! You can do it. You've done so wonderfully well, and maybe going through this situation has given you a greater appreciation and understanding of the great strides you've made. Keep on posting, you offer great insight and inspiration. All the best to you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Pam, here's the thing. I've had a few slips over the past few months, and when I was stood outside, on my own, smoking, I hated myself for it. Its human nature to want what we can't have, and at certain times in anyone's quit, we crave. We only want to remember the good things about smoking, and put aside all the devastation it can cause. Yes, we tend to glamourize smoking, or rather, the junkie does that for us. So before you go ahead, really think about this, because chances are, you won't feel very good about it once the "deed" is done. You are a wonderful source of motivation here at SSC. Please take care of yourself. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 85 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Butterfly, I've read lots of your great posts. I can see where you're coming from now though, most of my friends and a lot of my family are smokers too. When i think wow how nice it would be to join them having a smoke, i instead try to think of all the nice things that come from NOT having it. My neices don't tell me I stink anymore when I give them a hug. I don't have to go outside and freeze my a** (oops i meant fingers) off anymore. I don't have that nagging cough anymore, you know the one that really never goes away. Maybe it might help to talk to your smoking friends and ask them what they really like about smoking, it might help to hear their answers because i'm sure there aren't many good ones. From what i've read it sounds like your boyfriend wants to quit. Do you want to be at the point again where its hard to put it down. THink of how much more supportive you can be for him when he quits if you aren't both miserable and quitting at the same time. I know somedays I considered choking someone and I couldn't imagine a couple going through that together, although I know some do. Ok this is a lot of typing for me, I'm usually the quiet one. Right now i'm going through a few rough days with cravings too, can't seem to get it off my mind. But i'm determined I made it this far and i'm not going to let myself down, because really i'd be the only one who really mattered. Never forget its all about YOU! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,599 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Butterfly, So glad you have worked this one out. This must have been so confusing, to feel so desolate when you would expect to be strong. I am sure we will all have to face moments like these in our lives, whether it be about smoking or not. Congratulations on making a very wise decision, Deli
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PHEW!!! Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,962 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �514.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rusty, I would say that a recovering crack addict should NOT have crack around because it's illegal. But if a recovering alcoholic wanted to keep a bottle of scotch? Well, I think it would depend on the alcoholic and only that person would really know whether or not they could handle it. BUT, it's not worth arguing about. If it makes everybody here feel better, then I will gladly get rid of them. They don't matter to me at all. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1598.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Boy! Warning newbies to stay out does NOT work, does it?!?! :p Thank you all of you newer quitters! You all remind me of what I do NOT want to go through again. I'm so glad that you didn't listen! :) 4my2girls, your post REALLY helped me and gave me inspiration. I was REALLY regretting having posted what I did. I honestly WAS about to cave and yes, I'd been feeling this way off and on for a LONG time. It was just getting worse and worse and worse. I'm so glad that you could relate to me and let me know that I wasn't alone because I was feeling VERY alone in all of this. Thank you! Your words have stuck with me for several days now, and even though I haven't posted in a few days, I have been lurking and I DID read your post and you have no idea how much it helped me to know that I wasn't alone. ParrotLady, thank you for reposting that. Tennielle, you hit the nail on the head with needing some "me" time. I have been away from the site for a few days to regroup and take some time for myself so that I could regain my own composure. I felt as though I was no good to anyone here while I was still trying to sort out my issues. Sometimes, I'm so worried about helping others here that I forget to help myself once in a while and that can put a lot of pressure and a lot of stress on a person. Thank you for understanding. Oh, and I hope you had a good trip killing Bambi. Now, it's time to get back to this side of the fence, you hear? I'm back and I want to see you succeed, OK? :) Thank you everybody who responded for your support. I am back; I am smoke free; and I am ready to start helping others again. I needed that time away to regroup and am feeling much better about myself, my quit, and my life in general. I will take this as a learning experience to know that if I ever get in the same positing again where I am giving more than I have, I will back off for a while before I explode. Thank you everybody. I am sort of ashamed to say that the pack of cigarettes is still in my posession "just in case." Oh no, not just in case I want to smoke... just in case I want to take my anger and frustration out on a pack of cigarettes by destroying them. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will not smoke them. I have had countless packs of c
Hey folks. I'm still here and a lot calmer than I was last night. :gasp: I did a lot of thinking today and I tried to look for patterns in when I seem to have more trouble. It's exclusively on Sundays and Mondays. During the week and early weekend, I don't have any problems at all. Well, I thought about it and I think that since I go out to smokey bars on Friday and Saturday nights and am around smokers almost exclusively during that time, that on Sundays and Mondays, I am going through withdrawals from the second hand smoke. Therefore, I'm constantly in Hell Week!!! No wonder I'm insane and illogical and want to smoke so badly?!?! :8: Now that I know this, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it, but it sure does make sense! Avoiding the smoke on the weekends means making some SERIOUS life changes that I'm not sure I'm ready or willing to make, but now that I'm aware of it, I think it will be easier to deal with. As for the pack of cigarettes, they're still in the same place they were last night... with the exception of one cigarette. My bf came over last night and I talked to him seriously about the situation and he said "you wanna know what I think?" I said "yes, I do." He said "give it to me" and I handed him the cigarette and he destroyed it. He said "going back to smoking would be the stupidest thing at this point" and he's right. He was supposed to take them with him, but he forgot. So, they will be destroyed shortly. So that's the story. Thanks everyone. Quit meter's still runnin. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 381 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1573.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: