Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Keep coming close

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, Thanks for checking in and congrats on day 10! Know that we're always here to help you get over those fences. Keep persevering and reward yourself for a job well done! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My heart goes out to you. If you smoke you are not going to feel any better. Been there done that way to many times. I know the pain you are feeling. The fact that you have not yet smoked says a lot. The answer lies within you. Find that spot and keep the quit. Your choice. You have been very kind to me and for that I am grateful. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!! What a pity party you have going!!! If that makes you mad, so be it. You need to sit down and write out a graditude list. Try putting down things you are grateful for and then see if you still want to blow your quit. I will help you get started 1. I am grateful I am smoke free 2. I am grateful I have lungs that work and I am able to breathe on my own and not with the help of machines. 3.I am grateful I have legs that I can walk on 4. I am grateful I have eyes to see with 5. I am grateful I am not a prisoner to King Nic 6. I am grateful I have been given life Now add some more and more. When you feel grateful, you will want to be smoke free!!! {{{Hugs}}} Sparky (Sharon) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam- Firstly, I have found it odd that "support" sites such as this are supportive up to a point....in that a person who struggles after a certain amount of time finds themself in a place where he/she had better keep it to himself...or be sanctioned in some way. We're supposed to make this seem relatively easy; ofcourse the statistics say otherwise, but....who cares about that? :confuse: I hear what you say and feel what you say....but I have to warn you of something. Oh yes, you are 20 years younger than I am and you can quit again some other time; but imagine living a heavy smoker's lifestyle for 30 years by the time you take this really seriously. Oh sure, the withdrawels were over in 2 weeks. No argument...and big hairy deal too. 30 years of smoking means just about everything you have done in life, and will continue to do after quitting, now potentially becomes a trigger. Oh sure, you can self-talk and all the other sweetness and joy stuff....but it is what it is. :gasp: Just keep that in mind before you throw away an opportunity to quit while your young and all these triggers aren't so hard to change. I hope it's not too late already and surely you can't be upset with other members who have called you to task. :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2412 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BF. I missed this one. But I am glad you have a little more insight to your insane thoughts and feelings. But I have to say a few things. My husband smokes. His 2 sisters smoke. Their husbands smoke. His brother smokes. His brothers wife smokes. My father-in-law smokes. His friend that lives with him smokes. My neighbor smokes. My husbands friends ALL smoke. I am around them all of the time. We are a very close family. My family, on the other hand does not smoke. Not one of them!! My father quit about 20 years ago. My grandmother quit about 25 years ago. Neither of them ever looked back. When they found out I smoked, it broke their heart. I didn't know why. Until now. I feel so out of place around my smoking family & friends. I no longer share that common ground with them. I feel like an outcast. It seemed like very comfortable and happy times when we were outside sharing thoughts and smokes. I am still at a loss as to what I can create and do to make me feel "fit in" with them again. I believe that is what you feel as well. We want to share it again. But you know what, laughter, thoughts, and feelings all come whether we smoke or not. It is just our mind that makes us feel out of place. I know that I must find a way to deal with it. Just like Healer said. Instead of making that left out feeling go away, we need to find a way to deal and work WITH it in order to win. Blocking it out only brings it back twice as hard in the future.......... Your desire seems lost??? What would smoking with your bf and friends bring to you? Would it make you laugh? Would it make you sociable? Would it make you feel complete? Only you have the answers. Back to basics as many have said. One foot in front of the other. One moment at a time. I am only 34. When I see young kids smoking, I just want them to realize that quitting so young will be much easier than when you are older. When most of your life has been spent smoking, it just makes harder to picture a life without it. But we all go on. Some quit, some not. My hubby wants to quit again too. So, I want him to see that it doesn't have to be a miserable life sentence. For me, it is a new life. One that I enjoy and embrace. One that I am thankful for. One that I fight for everyday. Peace and blessin
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're making me cry............... Just know, you are never alone. Easier said than done, I know. Sometimes I feel I am my worst enemy. Other times I feel like I could conquer anything that comes my way! All in all, we both have to find our place in this world, in OUR world. A 'thing' that we could do that would bring us back together with our dear ones, instead of feeling so out of place. Let me know if you find something! Take care of yourself. Be proud. 4my2girls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $840.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, Read and reread Lady's words... [quote] I didn�t want to quit for forever and that�s the main problem here. [/quote] IS your desire to stay quit stronger that your desire to light up? Only you can answer that one... - and I too, was around when the quit meter debate went on and on and you were so upset day after day... You are the only one who can make this decision... I do want to share one thing with you... I make it a point to stay away from smoking... If I have a good friend I love, I will tolerate it **to a degree** ... But I will not ever put myself around smoking - that will not support my Quit and I can't protect my Quit if I don't take good care of it... Take some time to reflect on what you are saying and feeling... Go deep inside... do some soul searching, Pam. You say that hanging out with smokers is not something you are willing to give up... Are you willing to give up your Quit? Because that's exactly what you're talking about... Let's be honest here - you're not talking about a slip here, Pam - you're talking about walking away - eyes wide open - on your Quit... Are you really willing to do this? I don't have love for my Quit, so I cannot help you with that. My Quit is about loving myself... What about seeing this all through the eyes of taking loving care of yourself... tender loving care of yourself... Take some time to ground yourself - kick nic to the curb right now and get deep into your soul and dig deep... The answers are all right there... Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1171.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam- It's not about the desire going away ~ it's about learning how to deal with the desire... I know you know this ~ and sometimes we need to be reminded. It's about coping with the desire and keeping your commitments to yourself (whatever those commitments are)... What you are saying is no different than feeling sad, not knowing what to do with the sadness - not knowing how to take care of YOU when you are feeling sad, and finally wanting it to go away rather than learning the coping skills you need in order to take loving care of yourself, honour your feelings and then move on to honour your commitment... If you want to smoke, you will. If you want to hold on tight and if your commitment is to stay Quit... You will. Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1171.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) :) :) :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1088.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 22

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, I have read and re-read your post, not in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would be reading a post like this from you.... Pam, there is nothing I can say that is going to help you unless you decide to love yourself and your quit. Pam, you are back to baby steps again, and if that is what it takes then do it. It is still hard for me to be around people smoking without wanting to smoke. I still have to remove myself from them. Pam, we just might be one of those people that will always struggle. I guess it depends on how much we want to stay quit. Like many that have responded to your post, I wish I had quit when I was 29. Pam, I am old enough to be your grandmother, and I had smoked for 50 some years. My health is not the best, but I know that it has improved since I quit smoking. My thoughts and prayers are with you, may your determination return to you soon. Thank you for posting, and know that you are so loved. With love, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1081.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$229,938.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 22

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: