Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I almost blew a 300 day quit

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ariell, Nice to see a glimpse of the author of this thread and to see you're still telling old nic to kiss your ash! As I said when I found this thread, I love hearing of people doing that instead of caving in. Congratulations on your beautiful quit and for your words of warning. I agree...I'm also one puff away from a lifetime of smoking. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,196.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been a long, long time since I logged on to SSC, so imagine my surprise to see a post of mine from a year ago! Yeah Nic, you can keep on kissing my big fat non-smoking butt! I'm now cruising up on my 2 year anniversary. TWO YEARS! Holy cow! How could it be almost two years already? I've had a tough year. I gained back all the stop smoking weight that I had lost. Bad me. I'm having a lot of hormonal mood swings which have tested my resolve. But I still haven't had so much as a single puff off a cig. There was a moment a few weeks ago when, if there had been a pack of smokes in the house, I may have lit one up. In reality, if I had, I'm pretty sure it would have made me vomit as the smell alone these days is enough to sicken me. Those nic-fit moments are seriously far and few between now and really are just emotionally driven, rather than addiction driven. Maybe I have one once or twice a year at most. I have cravings every now and then, but just a twinge, nothing more. Certainly not enough of a craving to put myself going through hell week again, or smelling so bad again, or burning tiny holes in my clothes. Just enough of a craving for me to be grateful that I am a non-smoker. If you've recently quit, hang on. It REALLY REALLY REALLY does get easier. If you've been quit awhile, I'll say it again: Don't become complacent in your quit...ever. For the rest of my life I will always be a puff away from a pack a day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 695 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,363.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Arielle I had to read this post to remind myself how close we can be to losing our quit. You DEFINATELY deserved that chocolate! Good for you for not giving into the craves. I LOVE the summer but a part of me will be a little relieved when the Smokers go back outside...The other part of me realizes that over time, exposure to these Smokers will get easier and easier. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,710.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ariell, Thank you for sharing your story- I once blew a two year quit over a wet basement in my new house. But... that was way before this site and now, thanks to members like you and your stories, I know I can never relax and I can never have just one. And go figure, the basement was still wet even after I smoked! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $515.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is an awesome bump! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$26,754.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 11

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup, I agree totally Aloha, thanks for the bump, and I love that catch phrase "Kiss my big fat butt Nic!" LOL :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,761.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now, these are the kind of stories I like...where people face a serious crave.....and don't cave [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,020.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on resisting. I am a testament to the fact that you must always remain vigilent, and on guard. I lost my 1st quit at 2-1/2 years - over 900 days. It just snuck up on me. This time I know that there is no relaxing, no letting down your guard - no matter now long you've quit for. As long as you keep that thought in your subconscious, you should be okay. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $684 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my God Ariell: Your story is soo compelling. I can TOTALLY feel for your energy, anxiousness at that moment. How you pulled through is AMAZING...how shocking for you. Completely unexpected.... I will think of your story for a very long time. I quit once for 3 years came back and now I'm fighting the battle again. From your story, I understand FINALLY what I am up against. I haven't been on this sight for too long but people are encouraging to say it gets easier and I suppose it really does...but GOD...the curse can creep up at you suddenly and unexpectedly. I will watch for this Ariell. Thank you. I am so sorry you suffered. I am PROUD, you and your fat ass (kidding your words) beat the DEMON!!! I think I was naive thinking if I get past 2 weeks I'll be home free with the craving business...oh, never be too complacent huh? Thanks for sharing your experience. I am understanding the road ahead of me, bless you for the warning.... Love and light. Teresita... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Ariell!!!!!!!!! Congratulations my fellow Joker! I'm so proud of you for resisting temptation. It sounds like you have a really awesome support system! That's so great! Don't feel guilty about the chocolate. My theory is that we crave whenever our brains think that we need a reward. Since we used to reward ourselves with cigarettes, our brains are saying "I want a reward!" and the only reward our brains understand is a cigarette. So, you did the exact right thing! You rewarded yourself with something else... something not as bad for you. Be proud of what you've done! You resisted temptation! Doesn't 300 days feel great?!?! I'm really looking forward to mine in a few days! Congratulations and now, you REALLY deserve a great reward!!!!! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1201.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: