Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

What could have been

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
butterfly swimmer. As hard as it may be, do not think about the 'what if's' or 'could have's'. Stay positive and think about the 'what is'. You have come SO far in this journey. You have overcome SO many obstacles with success. You should be SO proud of yourself and everything you have acheived with this quit. Keep it going! You truly are an inspiration to all of us! Do not change who you are or have any regrets! Keep up the great work, you are doing fantastic. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pam, i do not evan dare look at mine!!!!!!!!!!!i can feel the depresion from here!!! your doing fantastic dont bother dwelling it wont get you anyware you want to be! love ya jan xxxxaka bogbott [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Pam, Thanks for sharing your story - like they always say, learn from the mistakes of others cuz you won't live long enough to make them all yourself. Well, I have definitely made my share and do my best to listen to others experiences. You inspire - and I am very happy that you have gotten right back into your commitment to be smoke free. We're happy for you and of course we always try to be here when things are not all "puppies and kittens". I'm with you and I am NOT SMOKING TODAY!!!! Hangin In Not Givin In, CobenFan (Christine M) Hangin In Not Givin In CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pam, I wasn't here when you slipped - but, just wanted to tell you that reading your post has been an inspiration to me since finding the SSC and frankly, having quit and started before myself I really admire how quickly you faced things and recommited. The last time I failed in a quit (so many years ago that I don't remember) I just gave up... only got the strength to quit again recently. Thanks to people like you I believe I can make it this time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Pam, you know my view on this (no- it hasn't changed a bit!)lol, so I won't even comment except to say that I applaud you and the message of concern you broadcast here. I just joined another site and I had to be nicotine free, so now I am a 4 day quitter (from 55)!!! I just went off the patch 4 days ago so it's true, but it does have it's downside! Unfortunately, there's truth to the old nicotine addiction thing and, while not as bad as week 1, it hasn't been pretty being officially nic-free. Oh well, that's just another story. I think you should be very proud of yourself, your conviction, your honesty, and your quit. You'll be an "oldie goldie" in no time trying to calm down crotchity quitters like me! Keep up the good work! Bob :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pam, I just read your post and on a deep level, it so supports my Quit and I needed that support right now... Thanks, Pam, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer, Thank you for posting, I have done the very same thing during my many quits. I think at one time I had over 3 years with all of them. But like Shevie said, we can't live in the past because it will only hold us back. I know that you're not doing that and I know that it will give each of us courage to stand a little taller. You have been an inspiration to me and I thank you. This quit has been different for me because of SSC and all of you.... Blessings sent your way, have a wonderful Easter!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$229,872.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 4

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer: Please allow me to qoute a great lady who reciently came to my rescue after I reset my meter after 80 days. "As for the guilt of your relapse... there's not a whole lot of good that can come from focusing on the past. If you're constantly looking backwards, you're going to stumble on what's ahead of you!!! Look at where you're going instead of where you've been.": Your words helped me get over my guilt and now that I feel better about my self I know I can do it right this time. You are a true insperation to many of us here. I look for your posts try to learn from each one. Thank you!!! Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly, I REALLY wanted to smoke today. It wasn't the physical craving, it was all psychological. I felt sick, tired, stressed, and fat. I thought, "all I have to do is smoke again and I will have more energy, I wont be hungry anymore, and everything will be normal again". So, this post did help me. The main thing that stopped me from smoking today was thinking about having to admit to it here, and not being able to say that I made it to the next day of my quit. I'm glad I read this and hope that tomorrow this feeling will have passed. Thanks for posting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $532 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam Resetting your meter is what you felt you had to do in order to be successful in your quit. Obviously you made the right decision because you are successful now and have nothing to be ashamed of. Quitting is difficult and a lot of people that relapse don't come back at all. You have been a positive influence on a lot of quitters around here. Hold your head high and be proud of your quit. You have earned each day on that meter and then some. A lot of us older quitters know exactly how you have struggled for this quit. You have come a long way. Everything happens for a reason. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and stop regretting the past. Your future is bright and smoke free. That is what matters. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,721 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1001 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: