Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hi All

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carol.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 504
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,112
Amount Saved: $5,997.60
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 18 Mins: 21 Seconds: 11

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Amanda!

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 504
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,112
Amount Saved: $5,997.60
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 18 Mins: 21 Seconds: 9

13 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello ! I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
13 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lolly,

Thanks for the support. I am really determined this time. I know I'm only on day three but I really think I can do this.

I was talking to a woman at my yoga class last night who quit smoking over 10 years ago. She told me not to think of it as giving something up, rather think of it like your stopping something you don't want to do anymore. I thought this was the perfect way of thinking of it.

I don't know whether any of you have heard of Robbie Williams or not but I'm making one of his songs my anthem for quitting "Old before I die", I'm not willing to cut my life short by smoking anymore. I've enough health problems to deal with due to sarc without smoking making it worse.

Thanks to everyone for their support and I wish everyone the best of luck in this fete. We're coming up to my first weekend without them and thats going to be the real test. While in work I can't smoke anyway but when I'm sitting at home I don't know what i'm going to do. I might take up knitting, who knows :)

Love and Light Caroline xx

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/8/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40
Amount Saved: �17.10
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 39 Seconds: 14

13 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lolly,

Hope I can finally meet you (smoke free) in your place in france. It took me at least 5 years more to finally call it quits!
Katushka

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 7/24/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 48
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 960
Amount Saved: $249.60
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 6 Mins: 8 Seconds: 37

13 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CaroB,

Welcome to SSC.  You sound as if you are determined to win this battle.  Good for you!

Your sense of smell will continue to improve, and lots of other improvements in your health will materialise as time goes on.

Stay strong and, whatever it takes, just don't smoke!

Lolly.  

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/25/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 2115
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 74,025
Amount Saved: �18,506.25
Life Gained:
Days: 280 Hrs: 16 Mins: 26 Seconds: 32

13 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Caroline,

I just replied to you in the other forum.... I see you have already smelt other smokers!!

That money adds up....look at my quit meter.  I bought a new laptop for my 3 month reward....You definitely should make it something special.

Lizzie

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 4/23/2003
Smoke-Free Days: 2696
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 40,440
Amount Saved: �10,110.00
Life Gained:
Days: 294 Hrs: 3 Mins: 39 Seconds: 9

• Quit Meter

$8,857.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 17

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Managed to get my meter added and I even managed a photo.

I've already planned a mega reward if I make it to the 3 month mark. A friend and myself are going to take a spa day away to pamper ourselves. She doesn't smoke but she is trying to lose weight so it'll be a double reward. So thats my goal. Its something i've always wanted to do but could never afford. By saving what I smoked I should be able to afford a caribbean cruise for that money but a spa break will do.

I can't believe I smelled that bad either. I also can't believe that my sense of smell has improved so much in just one day off them. I've always had a good sense of smell but now its like i've got spider senses its that good.

I'm finding the cravings slightly easier today. I am thinking about them every now and then esp when driving but I'm handling it ok. I have a good feeling this time round.

Thanks to everyone for they're support

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/8/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20
Amount Saved: �8.55
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 2 Mins: 6 Seconds: 55

13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CaroB, welcome to the SSC and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!  I recommend setting up your quit meter and adding it to your posts from "my profile".  Then everybody can celebrate as your numbers increase!  And like Ashley said, rewards are important!  A small reward for each passed craving.  A medium reward for each smoke free day, and a larger reward for each smoke free week!  Good luck with your smoking co-workers!  I avoided smokers at all cost when I first quit, and even to this day the smell of smokers helps keep me smoke free.  I never want to smell like that again!  I cannot believe that I used to smell like that!  We're all rooting for your good smelling smoke free success!
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 749
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 29,960
Amount Saved: $7,490.00
Life Gained:
Days: 115 Hrs: 8 Mins: 53 Seconds: 13

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome CaroB,

Begin by reading through the program to prepare yourself.  Also, post and read often in the forums.  We are all here to support you.  Put a rewards system in place to ensure you celebrate all of your successes!

What motivated you to come here today?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: