Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Sad and Very Ashamed

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As Larry the Cable Guy would say..."GIT 'ER DONE!"  Keep doing what you're doing...one crave at a time. 

(((((hugs)))))
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 426
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,650
Amount Saved: $3,514.50
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 10 Mins: 55 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy, you guys ((((HUGS))).  It is really and I mean really humbling to read your messages.  WOW.  I will do my very best to lean on you and get though this.  I need to kick that road block down and march my way to freedom.  Help me find it.

Okay, I am not sad today and smell really good   That is what makes quitting worth it, beside getting healthy and having wonderful friends to support you.

Sticken, Mr. Kitty is doing great.  He now owns the house, the family and all my possessions.  He is so wonderful and I look at him and he reminds me that I can quit and stay that way.  My choice, right?  I am choosing life today.  Hubby said is I stay smoke free for a year I can get a Mrs. Kitty   Not sure if I want another kitty, Mr is just fine.

Hope all have a wonderful smoke free week-end.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10
Amount Saved: $2.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 50 Seconds: 58

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I'm so glad you are back!  You know what works, you know what doesn't work.  And look at all the people here rooting for you!  Do you know why?  You were so important to so many of us during the early stages of our quits.  You taught us to never give up!  And look at you!  You aren't giving up!  You can be sad for 1 day, but that day has come and gone.  No more sadness!  But lets make the nicodemon sad since he cannot control your life anymore!  But don't be ashamed!  There would be only be shame if you didn't try again!  As they say around here, "Lets get 'er done!!!"
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 220
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,800
Amount Saved: $1,760.00
Life Gained:
Days: 32 Hrs: 20 Mins: 23 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((Sparky))) So it begins once more, but this time, close the door behind you and never look back. You are an addict. You can never have another drag of a cigarette again. They are not your friend, they are killing you! This time be aware of what triggers lead you to lose your quit and be aware and prepare for them. Have an emergency kit, with water, gum, straws etc in your purse so it is with you all the time. You hate the smell, you hate the smoke, turn that around into hating the cigarettes, they are the cause of all that you hate. You have done this before, and you can do it again, so don't be afraid, be willing, be strong, be committed, be brave, be daring, be sure, be NOPE, and you will be forever quit! We are all pulling for you! Go get yourself quit!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 754
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,850
Amount Saved: $7,954.70
Life Gained:
Days: 99 Hrs: 18 Mins: 5 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Sparky,

You’ve been a puffin! How is that big kitty of yours?

In the longer run it is harder to say uncle then to accept that yes, there are going to be urges and yes they are going to smart some.  Picture yourself smokeless and carry that picture with you. Be just a little stronger a little more smug when dealing with the nicodemon.

As the train use to say to Engineer Bill while climbing a seemingly in surmountable hill, “I think I can, I think I can”.  As the train approached the summit the train shouted in joy “I know that I can, I know that I can".   You have been close to the summit. Now what’s the smoking about anyway?  Good luck to you, keep the quit up.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/22/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1160
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,880
Amount Saved: $6,786.00
Life Gained:
Days: 211 Hrs: 15 Mins: 5 Seconds: 28

15 years ago 0 136 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky dear, my son has an expression: keep fighting until your arms fall off.  I sure would hate to see that happen, but if that's what it takes....

Rusty

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/13/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1565
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 79,815
Amount Saved: $17,958.38
Life Gained:
Days: 141 Hrs: 8 Mins: 30 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Howdy Sparky!  Missed ya.  It's important to know that no one is watching and no one is judging and if they are then F%&* em.  Just like Mike said we've all been there.  We know it sucks when this happens and we know it sucks to let yourself down.

There's an old saying that when the going gets tough the tough get going.  You are strong and you always keep trying when many others would have given up.  That's perseverance.

One of my old teachers told me about a student he had.  He studied night and day and barely passed the course.  But if you told this guy there was a quarter under a rock on a beach he would comb the whole damn beach till he found.  He's now a stock broker.

You have that same quality and as long as you keep pushing you will eventually succeed.  Keep the faith Sparky.  I have no doubts in you.  You shouldn't either.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 235
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,640
Amount Saved: $1,762.50
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 5 Mins: 39 Seconds: 34

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

Yes.
You.
Can.
Do.
It.

Pat

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 789
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 31,560
Amount Saved: $15,780.00
Life Gained:
Days: 103 Hrs: 13 Mins: 7 Seconds: 2

• Quit Meter

$121,036.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 0

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

Glad you are back.  Hope today is still going well for you.  I was just wondering, what is it exactly that pulls you back?  Is it anxiety?  depression?  Maybe there is something more underneath all of this that helps to pull you back in. 

The one thing is you have a strong desire to quit, so one of these times it will be forever.

Hugs...

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 477
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,310
Amount Saved: $1,788.75
Life Gained:
Days: 39 Hrs: 17 Mins: 22 Seconds: 44

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky!! welcome back its so good to see you! Why would you be ashamed??? do you really think any of your pals here would judge you?? Listen, it could of been any of us! we all know that. The main thing is you came back, and we were all waiting for when you were ready. So, lets try to get this done this time, we all want it for you and I know you want it too.
Looking forward to hearing from you ((hugs)))

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 321
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,025
Amount Saved: $4,815.00
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 21 Mins: 53 Seconds: 25

Reading this thread: