Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Sad and Very Ashamed

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep doing what you're doing Sparky..........one hour at a time.

You CAN do this and we are all behind you.

Keep your distractors close and post as often as you need to.

Faryal
15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Phil, I will be in touch.  Jan, we sure have been though a lot and now look at you!!  I am so proud of you!!  Kev, 1-2-3-4-5, got it and will.  Deep breathing is always a good way to deal with stress and I have lots of water.  Bear, you didn't scare me; you made me feel cared for, thanks   Yes, Jim again .  Can you make me a glass sword to slay the demon??  Jazz, yes I have seen it - thanks for the mental picture.  

Day one is going well.  Did a three mile walk this morning and then went to Curves.  I have printed more post off and reading them.  All I can do is today and I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.  

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 49 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Welcome back Sparky – it’s great to see you again.    Here’s a little food for thought:

There’s a new commercial on the TV that I saw for the first time this week. Both Mr. J and I looked at each other after, and were freaked out about how powerful the message is.  I might be a wee bit off, but it goes something like this:   

It shows a woman saying she doesn’t want to quit smoking because she’ll gain weight, then switches the camera to a women with cancer, with a scarf on her head saying she’s lost 25 pds.

The next one quotes a man saying that he can hardly get out of bed before lighting a smoke, and switches to a dying man lying in bed, saying that he can’t get out of bed. 

The final one is a person saying “I can’t quit”, then switches to a doctor studying a screen, saying “I can’t operate”. 

I’m going to post this on a new thread too for others to see.  Maybe it will help just one person quit.

Best wishes Sparky.  Be sure to lean on us as we leaned on you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 449
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,980
Amount Saved: $3,412.40
Life Gained:
Days: 49 Hrs: 0 Mins: 45 Seconds: 42

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky!!!

Welcome back once again!!!   You can do this!!!   Know in your heart that you can!!!   You really DO want this to be your final quit, don't you?

Well, make it happen this time!  Know in your heart that you CAN defeat the nico-demon!  That's ALL that it takes!!!

If you need help, jump on our backs!!!   POST  FOR  HELP....   5 responses... minimum!!!  Have you done this in your previous caves???  You KNOW it works!!!   Just do it and we can help set you free!!!  Crave the freedom, Sparky!!!

Positive Mental Attitude, girl... know in your heart you can do this...  slay the nico-demon NOW!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 387
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,675
Amount Saved: $1,596.38
Life Gained:
Days: 66 Hrs: 16 Mins: 27 Seconds: 25

• Quit Meter

$44,265.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 8

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky

Giving it another shot eh .Good for you .

I wished I had the magic bullett for you but I don't.

I will however leave you with this thought .It's that old saw about pleasure and pain .

As we all know can't have one without the other .If we had never known pleasure we can never have known pain and  smoking can bring us a lot of pleasure !! But it can also bring us a lot of pain some of which you are experiencing already .
So here's the bottom line old buddy if you are prepared to enjoy the pleasure of smoking you sure as hell better be prepared for the pain and as you know the pain can be DEADly.
Hope I did'nt scare you Sparky aw **** sure I did !! In the meantime all the best on this journey. xoxo      

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/20/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 738
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,760
Amount Saved: $5,904.00
Life Gained:
Days: 172 Hrs: 14 Mins: 46 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky, Kevs here too. First of all you have the desire to quit and thats one of the most important things you need. Focus on the minute and they will soon add up. Never look too far ahead but if you have to, see your future self as smoke free and relaxed. 
Some tips : Deep breathe 5 times every hour when you are awake. Breathe in deeply and slowly, fill your lungs, hold it for a few seconds and then slowly breathe out. Do it like its the only thing you're made to do for 2 days at least.  Do it when you feel the need for a smoke too. This is a little heavy addict tip I picked up.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/12/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 624
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,600
Amount Saved: �3,354.00
Life Gained:
Days: 81 Hrs: 22 Mins: 14 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,
I knew you'd be back when you were ready.  (((((HUGS)))))I'm glad you're here.

You have ABSOLUTELY nothing to be ashamed about.  You are one of the most determined people I know!  This "monster" we speak about can be very big and powerful sometimes...and sometimes we can squash it like a bug...which I've seen you do!!!!!

Take in as much support as SSC has to give...and go back to one baby step at a time.  In the beginning its all about you and what you need to do to get through the rough spots.  My love seat and my detective shows were my greatest friend for a while.

Right now I'm trying to live in baby steps as far as my "healthy eating plan" is concerned.  The monster is different, but sometimes I think the concept is the same.  Seeing you plan your quit is giving me some motivation to try and get 35 pounds offaagghhh!!!!!  Together, we can squash our monsters like the annoying bugs they are!!!!!!

You can do this, Sparky!!!!!!

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 425
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,625
Amount Saved: $3,506.25
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 7 Mins: 9 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey mate
Get in touch I am still around so is Kate!!!

Smokers are not bad people remember my saying???

xxxx
me

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 962
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,164
Amount Saved: �5,435.30
Life Gained:
Days: 201 Hrs: 1 Mins: 25 Seconds: 14

Dave thank you.  I am refocusing and I will be back often.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 14 Seconds: 7

Thank you all!!!  I just smoked my last cigarette !!!  BobinSC glad I helped and I have been watching your progress   Marive, thanks and yes I NEED to be smoke free. Karen, I can always count on the mods.  You guys are so appreciated.  Kaiser, thanks.  Maybe one of my rewards will be a motor cycle ride   Mike, I will get mad at the monster; I have allowed him to steal so much and I will grab your hand and walk the walk this time.  Caligirl916 I will try and stay focused.  Aloha, thanks buddy.  How can I fail with you in my corner.  MM, I am so glad to be back and have such a wonderful friend like you here.  You are the best of the best  Deb, thank you I do feel the prayers and positive thoughts and they feel wonderful.  Ron, choke, choke, choke , I did  need to read that.  I have not given up quitting and this time it will stick.  (((HUGS))) to all.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 13 Seconds: 40

Reading this thread: