Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Just what to do with myself

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, DJ, this is Day 2 of your Quit since you had a smoke on Saturday last? This is great! Welcome to the SSC and may you Gods go with you on this one.... Keep toughing it out and keep coming in here for support. Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $191.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ: Congratulations on quitting hey it's QUITTING not trying to quit. You will find the first couple weeks hard but hey theres something to look forward to it does get easier. When you have a strong crave distract yourself. Take your sweet Bichons out for a walk, give them kisses with your new fresh breath. go brush your teeth, smoke a plastic straw (I still do that sometimes) reot a plant, paint a room, stuff you can't do if you were smoking. If you smoked in the house (poor little doggies) wash the windows and walls-look at the brown that comes off! If you smoked in the car...detail it out. When you think you're gonna explode go punch the pillows. I never tried this but someone Lady I think said to get a bunch of dishes from thrift store and throw them. Have lots of snacks like sunflower seeds on hand. Rewards are impotant even dailey at first. Theres lots of things that are free or cheap. Fill the finch feeder and watch them eat. Can you knit? Make sweaters for your babies. You can tell I'm a furbaby mom. She was my reward for 4 months. Whew this is so long! judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $370.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 141 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ I love what Martha said - "Attitude is a big part of success." When I find myself in the explosive mode, I try to release my anger in a positive way. I sing, yell, dance, cry, and run around the house talking to myself. My poor husband thinks I've gone over the edge. Hehehe - but at least I don't smoke. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get up and dance, I feel a crave coming! :D Congratulations on quitting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Smokerella, & All of Our New Friends, Welcome! I am not over-exaggerating when I say that this site saved my life - I really could not have maintained my quit without it! ***How often are you experiencing cravings? Once every 2,3,4,5 hours? Maybe 5 during a certain period of time and then none for an hour or 2? It's better than the cravings you get [u]while[/u] you're a smoker - as you are craving all of the time that you're not smoking! You are constantly in withdrawal needing the next fix. ***DJ - are those your beautiful dogs? I had a Bijon. I smoked around her all of the time. My clothes, car, & house must have been saturated with smoke residue. I can't help but wonder what the secondhand smoke did to her? Something to think about! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 345 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,242.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 12

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, There is a very wise member named Mercy that says, "You don't HAVE to quit, you GET to quit". Honestly, attitude is a really big part of success. You will always have the choice to smoke but you are choosing not to - that already gives you back the power to decide. If you feel like you are doing this against your will or that people who "get" to smoke are getting something that you "can't", you will end up resenting your quit rather than embracing your new found freedom. What do you hate about smoking? Many of those things will be gone in just a few days. Read as much as you can here and let us know how we can help :) All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1278 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,751.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 99 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$36,972.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 11

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DJ, the angry part just comes with the quit for alot of people, i was what called,pissy all the time, woke up that way, one just needs to focus forward and do somthing to take their mind off the moment . and we have to get our coping up front, and be ready for the rough times, always on guard, and try to get out of the Angry moods, not easy but can be done, and if you feel likeyou want to be mad thats ok too, you are going through alot, and we understand here, we sure do :) Take care of yourself Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2006 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,021.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 286 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$14,573.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 9

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokerella, Welcome to our community! Take some of that extra time and use it to prepare and gain knowledge for this journey :) This is essential to help guide you through and help you persevere. We have the support and all we need is you! Come on in we are ready for you :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really do but am so angry at the same time. I really need to adjust my thinking. Which I am working on today big time. I need to get the smoking off my mind. Seems the longer without the more it bothers me. I have to make it this time.
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome DJ, As you can see there is lots of support and advice here, so take what you need and keep it close. Prepare yourself for those tempting situations and avoid them or be ready! We are always here and do know what you are going through :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dj.. Best advise get rid of those cigs... delay going to buy them Not having cigs ready to smoke is the only way to go.. I would use self talk to get through craves...Delaying.. It was a lot of trouble to go & buy cig , lighter etc.... Smoklerella, I love your name.. You may want to start your own thread to introduce.... My suggestion is to stay busy doing anything that you can do without smoking.. If at work chew, I like plastic straws, cut in half... I still keep them in my car!!! Drink water, eat veg, walk, take a shower, brush you teeth a lot, clean out closets, drawers... anything... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $489.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: