Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

My quit date

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Beni ( Ms Kitty) This is Day 3 of your Most Excellent Quit. And how are you doing... I get the heebie-jeebies when I re-read your first post about your quitting cold turkey... that must be very very tough... not even winding down the nicotine intake ... where do you get off being so tough? And what about the drive home after 3:30pm?? Did you cope well with that tough trigger??? I understand the not wanting to get out there in the freezing cold for a smoke... one of the secondary reasons why I want ed to quit also. Keep us posted on your progress and remember, we understand the mental pain of Hell Week as those little receptors in the brain are trying to scream loud enough for you to give in and satisfy them ... don't give in and bear in mind that the little swine will only wait 15 minutes before they scream even louder if you do give them what they want... Make them shrivel and die!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Miss Kitty! Great to see you here! Keep Coming Back! Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,591.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello: So today is the big day! Good luck and just keep reminding yourself that it will get harder before it gets easier, but it will definitely get easier! Don't give in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-105.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -198597
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had those thoughts myself, it took me 5 years to get quit. Do you really want to do that? Just hang on get though "hell" week. It is just for today, don't smoke just for today and then when you get up tomorrow you can make the choice to smoke or not. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again, Miss Kitty, Good going on your 1st day! Yes, you can do this. Take it one step at a time, one craving at a time and for these first few days, one hour at a time. But, good for you on planning a little ahead for the after 3:30 time. Can you take a nice long bubble bath?( I lived in the tub during my 1st few weeks!) Or anything else to keep you busy indoors. Maybe a movie or a nap? What you need now is nice reward, something to spoil yourself! Just, no smoking! Today is a great day to quit! G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $888.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Miss Kitty, Junkie thought. NOPE (Not one puff ever) is the way to go as one is never enough. :) Congrats on your first day! You're doing great! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Beni I hope I don't scare you but this is going to be a s--- week commonly known as hell week. It's the process that your body goes through adjusting to it,s lack of nicotine.It will keep telling your brain it's missing something.Don't let it intimidate you.Drink as much water as you can possably consume,spend as much time as you can here without loosing your job, post, ask questions,do what ever it takes not to light up.We'll get you through I promise. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 308 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,544 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,080.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm overwhelmed by your support. It feels great. Well, it's been 8 hours since last night that I haven't smoked. Thoughts keep popping in that just one won't hurt. That maybe today I can just cut down and then plan another quit date. It's after 7 a.m. here now. I don't have to be at work till 9. While at school the temptation to smoke will be minimal. But after 3:30 It will be tough. It's also very cold here today and I don't feel like taking a walk outside in this freezing weather. I'll be glued to this website reading and writing new posts. Thank you all for my welcome and the support. I really appreciate it. Beni (Miss Kitty) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hej Beni! Keep reading and posting and keep strong... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: