Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Hello everyone

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fussyone - I had sleeping problems for the first few weeks w/o any drugs. I understand that Chantix can complicate the sleeping process but it's also a normal side effect of quitting. Be patient. It'll get better soon. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $766.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you've got a plan, fussyone. Just make sure that if increased urges hit over the next week that you have strategies ready. It's great that you're exercising, that always helps. Lots of water, wait out any urge you have to smoke, and please, post for help here and wait until you have a few responses before you blow this beautiful quit, okay? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,951.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, those are the ones i'm on - ive been on them for just over two weeks and the insomnia is extreme - last night i was wide awake till nine in the morning...then i went to bed and woke again at 1030. Today ive been to the gym and other stuff and i still don't feel tired. Spoke to the nurse and come off the drugs today...i reduced the dose yesterday to see if it would help me sleep. It didn't - so i think it will take a while for them to come out of my system. However maybe its all i needed to help me through the worst bit - i have no intentions of ever having another fag - i don't need the drugs! I'll be good without them.
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WelcomeFussy, My children would say that is a great name for ME! You sound like you are off with a great positive attitude! Stay positive and always delay.. If you need help, get on here and post HELP!!! Someone will answer!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $393.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fussyone, iam new here to, i hope you do well with your quit. I feel fussy too Ayla [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go Fussy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 360 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,512.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your quit!!! You're doing great! And yes, we don't fully realize just how much smoking infiltrates every aspect of our lives. The chemical addiction is tough to break and the psychological dependency is also not easy to deal with. But, as you know, the benefits are huge. You're gettin it done!! Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,234.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fussyone! Is it Chantix your are on?? There are lots of members here you used it. Yes the insomnia seems to be a common quirk the frist while, but keep on trying, it does get better, a bit every day! Your body is healing! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 303 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,196.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Fussyone! Nice to meet you! Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. That is exciting! You will find that the Quit Program Tools here are very helpful. It is also quite motivating to get your Quit Meter going! The 6 mile marahton sounds like an awesome goal for you! Keep up the positive attitude! Jodi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $395.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fussyone, We are glad to see you enjoying the benefit of your quit! Sorry to hear of the insomnia, here are a few tips: �Try to get on a sleep schedule. Go to bed at a regular time each night and get up at a regular time in the morning. Try to not stay up late watching TV and try not to sleep during the day. If you get on a sleep schedule, we guarantee that you�ll begin to feel better. �Try to make the room you sleep in as quiet as possible. Consider ear plugs or a sleep mask. �Use your bed only for sleeping. Don�t lounge around in your bed. If you spend too much time lounging in bed, watching T.V., drinking coffee, or eating, your body will learn that your bed is NOT a place for sleeping. �If you can�t sleep after half an hour in bed don�t stay in bed trying to sleep. Get up and do some quiet activity. For example, read a book for a half hour and then try going back to bed. If you still can�t sleep, get up and do something quiet once again. �Try to keep your bedroom at a comfortable temperature - not too cold and not too hot. �Try to get some exercise every day. You�ll feel better and sleep will come much quicker. �Try not to exercise or work hard late in the evening. It could make you feel �wired�. �Don�t drink anything with caffeine or alcohol for 4 hours before you go to bed. �Try not to eat a heavy meal in the evening. Don�t eat just before you go to bed. �If you�re not sleeping at night, avoid naps during the day. �Use relaxation techniques. Box breathing may help you relax at bed time. Hope this helps. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: