Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Time for a change

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning folks, I am a nearly 50 yr old who after 30 + years of smoking has set a quit date of Nov. 10th. I've already started cutting down as i have set a limit of 15 smokes a day (and actually have been smoking less than that) with a plan of cutting my to 10 tomorrow. I have until Saturday to make plans for my leap into smoke free land as on that day I will waking and running to an airport for 12 hours of flights and airport waits. My spouse also smokes and is going to take this opportunity to quit herself and she has been cutting down daily. I have had success in the past once quiting cold turkey and I was able to stay smoke free for over 1.5 yrs. I plan on carrying a patch with me but will go "Cold Turkey" so I can break the dependance completely(the dependancy issue is big with me). As part of my assist I will be flying to a destination replete with non-smokers for 4 days (family) , so I won;t have the reminders staring me in the face. Wish me luck!

Reading this thread: